News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
vinita_kash

Two Wheeler Registration issue in Thane

Question

vinita_kash

Hello,

I bought an activa last week in vasai and i live with my brother and mother at their house .... although i have PAN CARD, ELECTION ID, PASSPORT documents with me,,,, WITH MY PERMANENT ADDRESS DETAILS in virar but dealers says that RTO thane will require a bribe of rs1500 irrespective of i having all my documents but i objected to it. can i complaint about this any where....and what to do now as i m not getting my activa registered? please help....!!

4 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

If you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link:

Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

This portal is dedicated to discussing issues related to RTI Act 2005.

For doubts/queries, such as yours, best is to consult a knowledgeble advocate.

karira

Why are you going through the dealer / agent ?

Go yourself to the RTO and complete all formalities....only official charges have to be paid.

jps50

At times dealers or their employees grab such amount in the name of RTO. It is better if you approach RTO directly for registration. You may study rules of registration of new vehicle at

Motor Vehicles Department ( R.T.O.) , Maharashtra