News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
akhilesh yadav

Delhi's organic farming shocker: Data a load of manure

akhilesh yadav

What smacks of data fudging and a gigantic scam took place between 2009 and 2012 when the Sheila Dikshit government was in power in Delhi and Congress-led UPA ruled at the Centre. As per the central government scheme, a subsidy of Rs.10,000 per hectare of land is given to a farmer for organic farming. Hence, Rs.100-crore plus subsidies in 2011-12 were given by the Union government for organic farming in the national Capital for 100238.74 hectares. And Delhi, on paper, produced 4,765 tonnes of organic products in 2009. The state of Assam produced 2,329 tonnes. In other words, urban Delhi's output of organic products was 100 per cent higher than that of Assam. The scam was exposed by the Crop Care Foundation of India (CCFI) through an RTI.

Read more at: Delhi's organic farming shocker: Data a load of manure : India, News - India Today

• Similar Content

• R K Garg
      By R K Garg
      Sir,I am sndig you a problem ,as detailed below,Pleae guide me future course of action.I hav suffiiat time to wait and take suitable cy=tuin

R K Grag

Vide My application dated 15.5.2008 I had asked for following information from The CPIO Home1:
      1. How the CPIO and Appellate Authority are appointed and who is the appointing and controlling authority.
      2. Do they get any benefit for discharging of their duties
      3. How many CPIOs and Appellate Authority are facing disciplinary action, Departmental; & vigilance enqueries, CBI or any other enquiry or criminal cases in any court. If yes, give details of such CPIOs and Appellate Authority viz-a-viz Name, Designation, DEptt. In which they are working. Type of enquiry or case and name and location of the authority or court where such cases are going on.
      4. Details of CPIos and Appellate Authorities removed from their posts due to any disciplinary action

To which CPIO vide his reply NO.3316-SHI-CPIO-/10858 dated 28.5.2008 ,taking shelter of Section 2 of RTI and various cases decided buy CICI replied as under:

1. The CPIO and Appellate Authorities are designated by the Public Authority, under section 5(1) of Right to Information Act 2005
      2. No
      3. & 4 :No such data is maintained/Available in the office of undersigned.

It is surprising that Home DEptt.( Home 1 looking after Personal and Persnnel,Estabilishment) does not have information regarding criminal record of its employees.This applicant will definitely go in for an appeal before the AA after reading into details of reply.These days CPIOs are finding elibis not to supply any information to applicants.The comments from the relevant officwrs like Advisor/Home Secretary will helpful in making the system work

R K Garg
      M 09872692400
    • SATISHBABU
      By SATISHBABU
      I am a working journalist with 25 years experience both in Print and Television media. I would like help people for their information needs. I have a passion to commence an organisation for the information needs of innocent and illiterate and help them to acquire the knowledge.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy