News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
akhilesh yadav

Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha secretariats, Delhi High Court not filing RTI compliance reports: Study

akhilesh yadav

NEW DELHI: Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha secretariats and Delhi High Court are among some prominent offices which have not filed mandatory annual reports of compliance of RTI Act even once since the transparency law was enacted nine years ago, according to an advocacy group.

Read at: Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha secretariats, Delhi High Court not filing RTI compliance reports: Study - The Economic Times

Sajib Nandi

A decade after enactment of the Right to Information Act, a study conducted by Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative has revealed that the government departments are unwilling to share even basic data on how many RTI applications have been received, disposed of or rejected.

Read more at: Ministries still reluctant to share information on RTI applications with CIC: Study - The Economic Times

Prasad GLN

Any proof that is required by CIC further on implementation stage of RTI by the Ministries themselves, which should lead by example ?

What is reaction of CIC and using their powers in penalising such CPIOs for not providing even this basic statistical information to CIC (not to appellants, as CIC is known for soft corner for CPIOs and rarely imposed fine)

Sajib Nandi

"Parliament has the right to get annual reports on the implementation of the RTI Act under section 25 of the Act. It is a contradiction of sorts that the supervisory body itself has never submitted RTI stats to the CIC," says Venkatesh Nayak of the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative, which has analyzed CIC reports over the last nine years.

Read more at: Parliament has never submitted report on RTI stats since law was enacted - The Times of India

• Similar Content

• shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      Hello,
      I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
      The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
      1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
      2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
      3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society? 
      4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
      Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system. 

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy