Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Renovation after tampering with original work



hi dear all, I am a new arrival here. I have just had a glance of questions and your valuable answers. It is worthy of hundred dictioneries. Now I have a problem with my CHS, that's why I am here. In my upper floor apartment, the new member started renovation, complete marble flooring after removing the tiles, and alteration in the bathroom. Our bldg. is 30 years old and it does not look very healthy. Before this, the old member in the upper floor renovated the flat only 2 years ago by changing completely the tiles in the bath room where I had faced leakage problem. However, after the old members work, I had not faced any leakage problem from his toilet and bathroom, for which I paid 50 percent of the expenses and supervised the work. Now the new member is completely changed the flooring system, several cracks appeared in my ceiling as well as water dripping near the beam when they removed the tiles and started the work. I complained this to this upper floor flat owner, then he and his contractor promised me that the present leakage is a teporary affair and it will stop but his promise was without any guarantee. Since I plastered and painted my flat only two years ago, they have now defaced my ceiling with cracks and leakages and they are not willing to fill the cracks or ready to paint the ceiling. I have taken up this matter with my society, but the society is not willing to help me. They said the leakage problem inside, so these problems to be settled by parties concerned and society will not interfere into this, even after he made an alteration in the bathroom with the option of european closet and to this he made a big hole in the rear wall of the bldg. I made a complaint in writing to the society and secretary promised he will convene an emergency meeting. But in the meeting neither the members not even the secretary turned up. Now the secretary is asking me to complain individually either to police or municipality. As I fear damage to property and loss to life because of these newly developed cracks, it is an issue of the society as the new member had tampered with the original work. In this case, to whom should I complain for the redressal of my grievances, whether to the registrar or municipality.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

As you would have noticed, this portal is meant only for discussions on RTI related matters. For help on other social causes you can visit our sister portal http://www.bighelpers.org

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Santosh_V
      By Santosh_V
      What is your take on my complaint to registrar and the response?
    • neel_patel
      By neel_patel
      How to file RTI to expose corruption in the Underground drainage project in which contractor following the corrupt method to maximize his profit by using non-standard materials and following improper methods ( not following IS CODE for civil engineering ) for working practices and I do applications to DDO but they are not doing any action on it please guide me now what should I do ? which points should I ask as of now ?


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy