knownboy

Regarding Revenue inspactor (R.I) and patvari

Question

knownboy

Hello my fellow mates.,i want ur support as there is a patvari who is asking me a bribe of 5000 rupess only just to transfer my name from the old owner. I want a suggestion through which using rti act 2005 i can pressurise him...!!please support my act.! and suggest comment

9 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

If you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link:

Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

With Regards & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Prasad GLN

Poor Patwari demanding such bribe is not unusual. File entire set of all required documents in proper formats through Regd., ack due. Wait for two weeks, and file RTI Application seeking information on reasons for such delay. Hope this works.

MANOJ B. PATEL

These Patwaris/Talatis/Village accountants are not poor. They are high handed and most corrupt and extorting money from poor villagers. There are examples of registering DA cases by ACB against such Patwaris.

karira

Inform the state ACB and get the Patwari "trapped" while paying the bribe.

G.R.Vidyaranya

If you are from Delhi use the newly inaugurated Anti Corruption Helpline 1031 and do a sting on the patwari

knownboy

Can asking about its revenue ;property all document after his joining can presurise him througj rti.??

Prasad GLN

Attack directly. Do not go into other personal details. You have been guided properly, to trap him red handed, then it is the ACB's turn to find other skeletons in his cupboard.

If you wanted to proceed in your own way, please do it.

RTI should not be used for pressurising (PIOs coined the word 'Blackmailing and ICs termed it as misuse / abuse of RTI)

knownboy

Ok will go through ACB ...! Thanks mate.

RAVEENA_O

Moreover, the PIO may not supply personal information like details of assets acquired etc claiming exemption from 8(1)(j) and the Patwari may get alert about your intentions. If you want to trap him throug ACB, personally meet the SP concerned and talk to him. Sometimes, taking the trap idea to a lower level may also not be fruitful, since the Patwari may get advance alert from inside.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• kirannagesh.rao
      By kirannagesh.rao
      iam new to this site want to know , how to file an rti petition... how to track it... i enetered in to buisiness and want to do it ethically without giving bribes or cheating anyone getting inspired by big names like tatas, infy ... unfortunately i entered into realestate wher bribe has to be paid for every paper....soem one pls suggest me how to file an rti ..my first rti would b y dont ppl in revenue dept give an acknowledge with file num when an application is given to them , in major cases ..they run only on bribes and not on priority basis..soem on efrom banaglore pls respond...

i feel india is great just bcoz iam an indian ..if iam an alean from mars who has to live on earth .. ,would never prefer india ... thousands other also wont... lets make india better
    • bahl_ajay
      By bahl_ajay
      Most of the times the attendants at DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION parking sites fleece the motorists and charge the higher rate of parking fees even if there is a negligible delay of say 5-10 minutes, to extract this additional amount at times they get into arguments or even foul language with the parking users. At times paper coupons(slips) are issued by the parking attendant in place of using the computerized hand held machines to issue parking slips. Apparently this additional amount collected above the value of coupon issued is pocketed by these parking attendants.

I had requested that the following information from DMRC, New Delhi under the provisions of Right to Information Act 2005:

i. Please provide details of the process of awarding parking contracts at DMRC stations ie. Tender and bidding process etc.

ii. Whether these contracts are assigned on one time payment basis to the highest bidder at the time of award of the contract or on the basis of revenue sharing as an ongoing process. Please provide details thereof.

iii. Please give specific details of amount/revenue received, for which the contract has been awarded in respect of the 95 DMRC stations as per the list enclosed. Giving the periodicity ie. Annual/Quarterly/Monthly/Revenue Sharing.

iv. If the contracts have been awarded on revenue sharing basis what measures are adopted by DMRC to keep a check on the amount of revenue collected by the parking contractors at the respective metro stations. Please provide details thereof.

v. Whether any uniform or identity cards have been issued to the attendants manning the DMRC parking sites and whether it is mandatory for them to wear them.

vi. Whether it is mandatory for the parking contractor at DMRC parking sites to use computerized hand held machines to issue parking slips. Please provide specific details.

vii. Whether it is mandatory for the parking contractor to issue a receipt to the motorist for parking fees collected at the time of exit from the DMRC parking.

viii. Please provide details of measures are adopted by the DMRC to ensure that the parking contractors do not park vehicles more than the allowed number at spaces earmarked to them.

ix. Please provide details of surprise checks, if any conducted during the last five years at the DMRC parking lots across the city to ensure whether their directions are being implemented by the parking contractors or not.

x. Whether the contract details along with the MoU between DMRC and the parking contractors have been provided on the Web site of Delhi Metro under the provisions of Section 4 of Right to Information Act 2005. Please give details thereof. And if not details of persons responsible for willfully not allowing this information in public domain.

xi. Please give details of free medical aid, drinking water and toilet facilities being provided at these 95 metro stations.

Strange are the ways that these Public Information Officers adopt to hide the wrong doings of their departments. The reply that I got from DMRC in response to my above queries goes as under :

Kindly refer to your application seeking information under the RTI Act, 2005 received by PIO 2 cell on 29/08/2011. The information sought by you is voluminous in nature. Therefore, DGM/Civil & Structure who is the deemed PIO as defined under Sections 5(4) & 5(5) of the RTI Act, has informed that you may inspect the available records on 10.10.2011 between 15.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs in Metro Bhawan, New Delhi.

May I request the members on this forum to help me in how to proceed further :
      i. I am not able to make it out that how can simply the information requested for (without copies of documents requested for) be voluminous in nature.

ii. Is it mandatory for me to appear before the deemed PIO for a physical look at the information. Simply looking at the information may not help as answer to many questions need to be given by DMRC only.

iii. Can I appeal to the Appellant Authority against this requesting for the information to be provided in written form.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy