News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
ganpat1956

India has 31.5 million taxpayers

ganpat1956

NEW DELHI: In a country of over a billion people, only 31.5 million people pay taxes, and this is after the number of taxpayers has grown by nearly 11 percent between March 2002 and March 2006.

In response to a Right to Information (RTI) query by seasoned RTI campaigner P. Hari Kumar, 24, of Kasaragod in north Kerala, the finance ministry has said that the number of taxpayers has increased from 28.4 million in 2002 to 31.5 million in 2006.

Replying to another RTI application, the Directorate of Income Tax (Systems) has said that a total of 54 million Permanent Account Numbers (PAN) had been allotted till July 5, 2007.

Full news at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/India_has_315_million_taxpayers/articleshow/2240281.cms

sagginyou

Dear if u count who all are non-govt persons who pay income tax.,..then u can count them on fingers...

it may include several high profile RTI activists too,...who by their non-sensical questions splurge lots of public money by asking all sorts of stupid questions for which every govt office waste a substantial amount of time and resource....

i can quote some applications ..

1. list of the restricted holidays availed by the govt officers in every department.....(think of the volume as it is an openended RTI application...so all govt offices will need to answer this..) the poor RTI activist pay only 10 rs as fee but how much govt is spending on sending this marvellous peace of question paper to all its subordinate offices....just brother think on this aspect too...

wagh7
Dear if u count who all are non-govt persons who pay income tax.,..then u can count them on fingers...

it may include several high profile RTI activists too,...who by their non-sensical questions splurge lots of public money by asking all sorts of stupid questions for which every govt office waste a substantial amount of time and resource....

1. list of the restricted holidays availed by the govt officers in every department.....(think of the volume as it is an openended RTI application...so all govt offices will need to answer this..) the poor RTI activist pay only 10 rs as fee but how much govt is spending on sending this marvellous peace of question paper to all its subordinate offices....just brother think on this aspect too...

Sagginyou sir,

It is true that all Govt./PSU employees pay Income tax correctly and most of Non-govt. persons pay less tax as compared to their income or donot pay tax, they take help of tax consultants to reduce the tax.

But, if the information is asked by some citizen and it is the right of the citizen to know that what Public Authorities are doing. It may be volumes, but the applicant is paying for this information.

If the department is not knowing the holidays and leave details of their staff taken, then where is the administration?

Assume a situation that same question had been asked by some Public representative in Parliment, then could you have told the same answer to them? You never..

So, when you cannot deny any information to parliement, you cannot denay to citizen. This is the charming of RTI Act, 2005.

Sir, beaing a public servants we have to think citizen as the salary providers for govt., semi-govt., psu employees.

rakatkam.

karira

sagginyou,

A long time back, I had decided that I will not get into "catfights" or "dogfights" on this forum. But your two posts (read my reply to your other post in the other thread) made me wake up from slumber.

1. Are you a PIO ?

2. Are you a Officer or a Government Servant ?

3. How long have you been in the Government ?

Since you seem to be so aggrieved by this Act and "stupid" people like me, please enlighten me:

1. What do you mean by "non-sensical" ?

2. Who decides what is "non-sensical" ?

The "non-sensical" subject matter of the applications you referred to should have been denied under Sec 7(9) by the "sensible" PIO. Didn't he read the RTI Act ? Probably he was too busy putting the badge of "PIO" on his belly button (like you accuse me of doing, in your following post):

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2316-now-nail-foreign-tours.html#post11493

=====================================

Kushal and other Moderators,

I request you to please book sagginyou for a "infraction".

His post is totally irrelevant to the thread.

It contains insinuations.

I have been called "middleman" by the Prime Minister

I have been called "dalal" by a State minister.

But being called "stupid" by sagginyou is a bit too much !

sagginyou, my knowledge is not restricted to the RTI Act. If need be I can call you all kinds of names in 18 different languages, some of which even babblefish will never translate for you ! But not in this forum.

DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THE RTI ACT 2005 !

• Like 1

wagh7

Karira Sir,

Wonderful post and good reaction.

Sir, I from the depth of my heart, I sincere congradulate and thank you over your reaction, which will definately motivate any sincere RTI Applicant and RTI Activits, not only RTI Activists & applicants any Desh Bhakt who loves India will appreciate you over this post and your efforts to motivate people.

Sir, Hatsoff to you. Keep us motivating.

rakatkam.

ganpat1956

Thread is closed to prevent any further flaming here. All members are requested to familiarise themselves with the posting rules of the forum.