- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Can PIO Direct to information seekers, to obtain the information visit the office of my junior and identify the documents and obtain the same by paying amount , when RTI application filed u/s 6 of the RTI Act.By garg0505
Recently PIO of public authority, in a RTI application submitted u/s 6 of the RTI Act, responded to applicant after the stipulated time, you please visit the office of his junior and inspect the file/files, and after inspection of the files obtain the documents by depositing the money itself. Therefore, please provide expert opinions about the issue, as in my opinion no such provision do available to PIO to direct the information seekers under RTI Act. However if applicant desires himself to inspect the files, then option available to applicant to file the RTI application under section 2(j)(I) of the RTI act.
By Shree Vathsan
I had filed 3 RTIs asking for DPR of Madurai Smart City projects. They have denied information saying it has Drawing, Elevation, Plan, Section, DPR, Estimate, Structural Drawing, Note File & Current File , Agreement, Bidder furnished bid document and is more than 1000 pages and is voluminous information.
However I have specifically asked for information in electronic form like CD.
They have also quoted a State Information Commission SA-11683/2016 dated 02.02.2017 order stating that information supplying which causes hurdles in day to day functioning of office is exempted.
Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app