akhilesh yadav

New Delhi: RTI overrides privacy norms of MCI in patients records: Central Information Commission

akhilesh yadav

NEW DELHI: The provisions of Medical Council of India to protect confidentiality in patients' records cannot override statutes of Right to Information Act, Central Information Commission has held. Read more at:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46936518.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Sajib Nandi

The Bombay High Court said that the Regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act, will have to be read with Section 8(1) (j) of the Right to Information Act.

Read more at: Disclosure Of Medical Records - The Hans India

• Similar Content

• garg0505
      By garg0505
      Recently PIO of public authority, in a RTI application submitted u/s 6 of the RTI Act, responded to applicant after the stipulated time, you please visit the office of his junior and inspect the file/files, and after inspection of the files obtain the documents by depositing the money itself. Therefore, please provide expert opinions about the issue, as in my opinion no such provision do available to PIO to direct the information seekers under RTI Act. However if applicant desires himself to inspect the files, then option available to applicant to file the RTI application under section 2(j)(I) of the RTI act.
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.

Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy