Jump to content
  • 0

RTI regarding widow pension



How to frame RTI application for non receiving of widow pension from state government(tamil nadu) whom and where should i apply?the details are as follows.

A senior citizen who is a widow receiving widows pension from state government.she has not been receiving this pension for the last eight months.she is illiterate and also living by his own earning as a house servant.whenever she approached the concerned officer(VAO & THASILDAR)they are not responding.i took pity on her so that what can i do for him?I knew with your support and guide we can resolve this.pls guide me.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dear member,

Kindly file a written complaint in detail addressed to the VAO/Tahesildar with a copy to the district collector and Treasury Officer, Pension and submit it with the inward (dispatch) department of the concerned authority or alternatively mail it by Speed Post, track its delivery status on internet and take a print out when the status shows delivered and preserve it as a proof of delivery of your complaint.


Wait for say 15 days and then file a RTI application under Life and Liberty to seek information on the action taken status of your complaint by referring to the blog on the following link (enclose along with such a RTI application, a photocopy of the complaint as well as the postal track report as a proof of delivery of your complaint):



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

She may be getting pension from bank or treasury. Please enquire with it the name of department. First lodge a detailed complaint with proof of non-receipt [pass book photocopy etc] to the head of that department with copy to bank/treasury. If nothing transpires in a month, send another reminder and still if nothing works in 15 days, then use RTI by referring:


Long pending? :













Please check if she has submitted life and non-marriage certificate to bank or treasury and that it has sent to pension paying department in Nov 14 for pension.


Name of department paying pension may be in pension payment order of her husband or herself.


If it is old age pension of state govt you may refer






If central govt is paying pension please use following link:


Central Govt. application:



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Please keep us posted with development till she gets arrears of pension and pension regularly. We are just a click away and out members would be happy to help her through RTI for getting her right.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Make RTI Application straight away under life and liberty without going for complaint. RTI Application has to be filed with SPIO concerned authority that has sanctioned the old age pension as per format and fee prescribed in Tamilnad state.

Application dt.20th Apr,2015 seeking information under RTI Act.



1.Name of SPIO: .........................................................................(full address)

2.RTI Fee: Exempted as citizen is a pensioner and living below poverty line status (copy of proof pasted on back of this application duly self attested)

3.Applicant:......................................................(full address)



Brief facts: Stoppage of Pension of Smt.......................................residing at................................contact Phone No.................... Any pension number or card.


Information solicited:

1)Please provide specific reasons for stoppage of pension

2)Please provide the communication of such stoppage to pensioner stating such reasons.

3)Please provide entire correspondence and office notes connected with sudden withdrawal of pension.

4)Please provide the name of official, designation and mobile number that has taken a decision or ordered for pension.

5)Please provide the name of the superior authority, designation and mobile number that can be approached against this harassment and injustice done to an old widow deliberately.


Information solicited;

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Widow pension sanctioned by the govt. for the poor is not a right and it is to be sanctioned by the Panchayat officials and surpanch who will identify the eligible people.You better prevail upon them to help instead OF RESORTING TO RTI which will not help you much

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • humhongeykamyaab
      By humhongeykamyaab
      Need some clarity on how to draft the RTI for the information asked; Alternatively, please advice what other course of action to pursue?
      Case of Illegal Recovery of Pension by Public Sector Bank  (thereafter referred as PSB)
      1) The PSB, the pension disbursal bank mistakenly overpaid the pension to the pensioner for 10 years;
      2) No connivance or misrepresentation from the Pensioner; solely a mistake done by the Bank. 
      The over payment was detected via a CAG Audit, and the mistake of the bank as well was pointed out in the same audit
      3)Now the PSB has started recovering the Pension since last 3 years, illegally.
      4)No recovery order or show cause notice has been ever issued to the Pensioner by the bank or any competent authority
      5)This recovery is illegal as per Apex Court judgement on Rafiq Masih's Case- 
      which states that no recovery can be done after 5 years of continual overpayment
      6) The Pensioner has been forced to go to the court to seek redressal. Case is stuck in the court for the last 3 years
      An RTI Was filed in May 2018/ Information sought and response received are as under:-
      Q-2) Provide the list of all officials and their designation who dealt with this pension matter during Dec 2006 to Dec 2007 at CPPC and PSB Branch
      Q-3) Name the officer who responsible for sanctioning the excess pension
      Q-5) Please provide number of cases in your bank wherein excess amount of pension is being recovered
      Response received (for all three questions, above) from CPIO: As informed by the Branch Manager of your branch : Information is not available
      Q-4) Name the officer who is recovering my excess pension
      Response received : The excess pension has been detected by the Performance Audit Team  under CAG and adviced via audit memo 36 dated XX 
                           to recover the amount of 10 Lakhs which is over paid since  1. 1. 2007. As such bank is recovering now and refunding the authority.
      My Comment on Q-4:
      It doesn't give the name of the officer who is recovering excess. Plus: The Audit Memo from CAG does not talk about recovery at- all. This has also
      been mentioned in the affidavit by the pension sanctioning authority in the court where it states that CAG has not issued any order of recovery. So this response is misleading.
      Unfortunately I was not able to file the First Appeal to the above response.
      Should I file another RTI ? Is re-drafting of the questions needed? The bank is hell bent on shielding its errant officials and protecting them.  Please feel free to advise me on any other course of action as deemed fit. 
      Thank You,
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      NEW DELHI: The beaming face of Laxmi Devi says it all. The 80-year-old has finally got her pension after she'd almost given up hope, thanks to the Right To Information Act.
      Laxmi Devi lives with her daughter, who works as a domestic help, in Khirki village. In May 2005, she applied for an old-age pension to MCD. But despite numerous visits to the office, there was no sign of a pension.
      Finally, she approached an RTI camp organised by Satark Nagarik Sanghathan, an NGO. She was told her application was missing and she would have to apply again. She did. And promptly got approval for a monthly pension of Rs 350 in December. She will receive a cheque of Rs 1,750 (for five months) this month.
      Laxmi Devi is not alone. Ordinary people are now using RTI to get basic amenities, install road signage, repair roads and even get admission in schools.
      Sangeeta and Sultana of Begumpur didn't get their ration entitlements for over two years as their ration cards weren't being renewed by the Food and Civil Supplies Department. Though touts offered to help them for a ‘fee', they decided to take the RTI route. By November 2006, both had got their ration cards.
      Source: Citizen uses RTI to get elusive pension -India-NEWS-The Times of India


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy