silverbullet

Based on mala-fide rejection of PIO - appealed to TNSIC - but no response !

Question

silverbullet

Hello People,

I have applied for patta transfer of my land several months back and since they made me run to and fro from one office to another,

I filed an RTI query to the PIO in the thashildar office, and he rejected my appilcation without proper grounds

So i quoted my initial application and the rejection letter from PIO and appealed to TNSIC

Its been more than 2 months, I have not got an acknowledgement from the office nor any other response till now !

How can i proceed from here ?

8 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

Please file first appeal before the First Appellate Authority against the decision of PIO. It is necessary to exhaust the remedy of first appeal, before filing the Second Appeal before the SIC. Second Appeal filed without filing first appeal shall be remitted back to FAA for deciding the case.

SIC may take its own sweat time to decide your Second Appedal, say one year of more. Please file first appeal now. On receipt of FAA's decision, if required, you can send an addendum to the Second Appeal already submitted.

In addition, you can also file complaint under section-18.

MANOJ B. PATEL

silverbullet
Please file first appeal before the First Appellate Authority against the decision of PIO. It is necessary to exhaust the remedy of first appeal, before filing the Second Appeal before the SIC. Second Appeal filed without filing first appeal shall be remitted back to FAA for deciding the case.

SIC may take its own sweat time to decide your Second Appedal, say one year of more. Please file first appeal now. On receipt of FAA's decision, if required, you can send an addendum to the Second Appeal already submitted.

In addition, you can also file complaint under section-18.

Thanks for the reply,

I thought appealing to the TNSIC was the first level of appeal if the local PIO did not respond. A mistake indeed !

1. Where do i learn more about such different level of hierarchies and address for Tamilnadu ?

2. Now that i have already sent the appeal to the TNSIC, can i go ahead and apply to the First Appellate Authority ?

Prasad GLN

File fresh application as the first appeal has to be filed within 30 days from receipt of denial letter from PIO. As TN has a citizen charter seek information specifically as follows:

1)Please provide time frame fixed/prescribed for changing name in the patta as per Citizen charter.

2)Please inform specific reasons for inordinate delay in changing the name in Patta.

3.Please inform the name of the employee, designation and telephone number with whom the issue is pending with day to day office notes and present status.

4)Please inform the name of superior official with whom complaint can be filed for negligence and harassment of applicant by keeping the issue pending deliberately.

and also

File First appeal to FAA of PIO (may be Revenue Divisional Officera higher in rank, all offices must display the name and address of FAA in their offices under RTI Act or telephone and seek from PIO, if PIO has not mentioned about FAA address in his denial letter) requesting for condoning the delay in filing appeal and ask him to consider first appeal as special case. You may also mention that PIO has not provided FAA particulars though he is under obligation to provide further appeal procedure to applicant.

Please do both the things and report back after hearing from them.

RAVEENA_O

Even if the First Appeal is rejected for limitation ground, it would serve your purpose, since you only want to exhaust the remedy of first appeal, as you have already filed the Second appeal. In case the FAA order to supply information, it will be your luck. In that case, you need not pursue the Second Appeal already filed.

Remember, when the PIO denied information without any justified reason, the first appeal gives an opportunity to FAA to review the action of his own PIO. On the face of denial of information, if the FAA reject the FA on limitation, the appellant has nothing to lose, but on the other hand, before the SIC he can plead that he had exhausted the remedy of FA.

A properly drafted separate complaint u/s 18 after rejection of FA by FAA can also be filed before the SIC with a prayer to impose penalty on PIO.

koteswararaonerella

The RTI applicant need to follow the set line of action ,maning you need to file FA with faa AND LET HIM do what he can then if need be go to SIC and don't jump the queue and confuse yourself.

silverbullet
File fresh application as the first appeal has to be filed within 30 days from receipt of denial letter from PIO. As TN has a citizen charter seek information specifically as follows:

1)Please provide time frame fixed/prescribed for changing name in the patta as per Citizen charter.

2)Please inform specific reasons for inordinate delay in changing the name in Patta.

3.Please inform the name of the employee, designation and telephone number with whom the issue is pending with day to day office notes and present status.

4)Please inform the name of superior official with whom complaint can be filed for negligence and harassment of applicant by keeping the issue pending deliberately.

Filed a fresh application and have not got any response from the PIO from the Thashildar office since two months now. You have also suggested for the first appeal to FAA of PIO

Can you please elaborate on this. The questions that i have is the following

For the first appeal to FAA of PIO

1. Which address to file my appeal and How do i find the FAA of the PIO ?

2. How long can the FAA take to respond back or expedite this process ?

Prasad GLN

1.When PIO provides/denies information, he is under obligation to provide FAA address. IF not, appellant can search the PA's website. The last course must be sending first appeal in the name of FAA and asking PIO to kindly help applicant by sending it to concerned FAA.

2.The FAA was provided time for 30 days from receipt of application generally and for 45 days depending on the reasons stated by him. Appellant can add 5 days to and 5 days from FAA to file second appeal. That means if no reply is received from FAA even after 55 days from date of posting of that appeal, second appeal can be filed.