akhilesh yadav

Maharashtra: Legal jailbreak: 135 convicts on leave from city prison go missing

akhilesh yadav

Reply to a query under Right to Information (RTI) Act shows that 82 convicts did not return after being furloughed for various reasons. Another 53 convicts who were paroled chose to stay away well after completion of parole period. The jail administration released 1770 convicts on furlough between 2010 and 2015. Another 1039 convicts were released on parole in the same five years' period.

Read at: Legal jailbreak: 135 convicts on leave from city prison go missing - The Times of India

Prasad GLN

Have they been appointed as PIOs by chance ?

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had been taken to govt hospital to get report before being lodged in jail in a false case. Now my RTI to the govt hospital seeking copy of Accident Report/OP Ticket/Medical Examination report has been replied stating no such report available in my name on the date of occurance of the said incident. But I was lodged in prison only after submitting the report given by hospital to prison authorities.  Now I would like to inspect the records available with the govt hospital on that day from 8 pm to 12 am.
      Can I go for first appeal seeking clarification as incorrect information is furnished and a report has been given by the hospital ? What Are Grounds clauses to be included?
      I have not asked for inspection in the original RTI. Now can  I request inspection in the first appeal or should i file a new RTI for that? 
    • akanksha.chopra
      By akanksha.chopra
      Dear members

In response to a query, I received answer from the CPIO. However, when I asked for the file, I was told that it is missing. This office has back up copies of all important documents in electronic format. This includes scanned copies of the necessary papers and remarks by officials on what is called "noting sheets". They are willing to show me that and they are also willing to issue a certificate to the effect that these are genuine document copies and is a true reflection of the original documents. Can I insist that the original written papers should be produced in this situation? Very honestly speaking, I also believe that the electronic format papers are indeed genuine.

Regards

Akanksha

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy