News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
geralddsouza

Ration Card not recieved

Question

geralddsouza

Dear Sir,

I have applied for new ration card at Setu Suvidha Kendra, Tehsil Organisation. Vasai

on 1/12/2014 on my name Gerald Felix Dsouza. My receipt no/token no is 7595 dated 1/12/2015 and my due date is 10/2/2015. Every time I enquire they tell me to come next time or they don't have any information. They just avoid and don't give any proper reply.

I have submitted all my documents with attested as per their requirements.

It is very difficult to visit every week because it is very far from my place.

I am sending you attached receipt copy for your kind reference.

So I request you to kindly look into the matter seriously and take immediate action.

Hope to hear from you soon and get my ration card work done.

Thanking You,

Your's Faithfully'

Gerald Felix Dsouza

Mob: xxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxx

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Please file RTI application to SPIO of the authority in prescribed format by Maharashtra RTI with Adhesive Court fee stamp of Rs.10/- pasted on application and seek information as follows:

LIFE AND LIBERTY CLAUSE/Information to be provided within 48 hours...

Brief Facts: Ration card application of ......................Receipt/token No.......date .....Due date.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide specific reason for inordinate delay in delivery of the card

2)Please provide the name of the employee, designation and mobile No. with whom the application was kept pending.

3)Please inform laid down procedure for taking up the matter further in case of delay of issue

4)Please inform the name of superior official, designation and mobile no with whom applicant can complain and seek grievance redressal.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Just file RTI Application under life and liberty clause (to be provided information within 48 hours) to SPIO of concerned authority with whom you have filed your application for ration card and seek information under RTI Act ..with prescribed format and fee as applicable to the state and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide certified copy of laid down norms/time frame within which ration card to be provided to deserving citizens.

2)Please provide copy of Ration card application with all such office notes till to-day.

3)Please inform the reasons for such undue delay

4)Please provide the names of employees responsible for such undue delay.

Please send RTI Application with fee by Regd., post and preserve the copies of the same for further appeal procedure. Do come back and post your query further either on receipt or on non receipt of above information for further guidance.

D.T.RATHAVA

Respected sir,

all category Ration Card considered under LIFE AND LIBERTY CLAUSE or only BPL category 4 category of Ration Card (1)Antyoday (2) BPL (3)APL-1 (4) APL-2

Kindly reply

Prasad GLN

Hon IC SA of CIC has taken two considerations while taking decision, about regular gas supply (where card is linked to Gas) and providing of food grains. Further the card is essential for daily activities like identification etc., Strictly speaking, Ration card issued to below poverty line citizens who depend for supply of food grains and kerosene are to be treated as life and liberty clause, as they are essential.