News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
MANOJ B. PATEL

RTI activists demand online facility in Tamilnadu

MANOJ B. PATEL

Chennai: RTI activists in the state have demanded that the government introduce online Right to Information (RTI) application filing facility following in the footsteps of the Central and Maharashtra governments. After the Central government’s successful demonstration of its online RTI filing facility, the Maharashtra government launched an online portal last week for filing applications and first appeal for the secretariat departments and the fees for the application can be paid via Internet/debit or credit card.

City-based RTI activist V. Gopalakrishnan appealed to the state government to launch an RTI portal for its secretariat departments and collectorate to help people exercise their right to seek information through the online medium. “The government cannot escape from establishing online facility after the successful demonstration by the Centre and Maharashtra governments. It is feasible and it will ensure greater transparency,” he told DC.Read more at;

RTI activists seek online facility in Tamil Nadu

jaysinh2

Steps should be taken by Gujarat goverment too. To make rti process available online...it will be easy to use

karira

Thread moved to "RTI in Media" section.

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      The person in the article below is me. I had a corporation official visit my house with the RTI and asking for my whereabouts. However the PIO has sent a reply on 8/5/19  stating that AE Div 170 is the person responsible for inspecting the banners on the particular stretch. It is after finalising this reply that I had got a call from AE Div 170 on 8/5/19 evening and a person visited my house on 9/5/19. The reply sent by PIO dated 8/5/19 was received on 11/5/19.
      Further The AE has stated that he has inspected the stretch and removed illegal banners immediately. However I have material evidence that the banners remained in the same place from afternoon till late night. Only the persons who kept the banner had removed them. So can I penalise the PIO for providing false and incorrect information. 

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy