akhilesh yadav

New Delhi: Nizam’s kin Akbar Ali Khan files RTI for 1948 fund transfer

akhilesh yadav

NEW DELHI: Akbar Ali Khan, who has laid claims to Nizam of Hyderabad's property, has taken the Right to Information (RTI) route to get records of a million pound bank transfer dating back to September 1948, which was the basis of the property dispute between India, Pakistan and the heirs to Nizam's property.

Read more at:

Nizam?s kin Akbar Ali Khan files RTI for 1948 fund transfer - The Economic Times

Prasad GLN

Can any one trace the CIC decision directing Govt to trace the records of Sep, 1948 without agreeing with Public Authority that records are not available /traceable. Urgent Please.

karira
Can any one trace the CIC decision directing Govt to trace the records of Sep, 1948 without agreeing with Public Authority that records are not available /traceable. Urgent Please.

Attached is the order of the CIC.

Cant see anything about disclosing records from 1948.

The information directed to be disclosed is:

information -

a) whether any negotiation process was restarted,

b) as it opted for an out of court settlement,

whether any settlement was reached, and

c) if so, what are the details of the settlement including the consequences,

to the appellant and the Commission within one

month from the date of receipt of this order. With the above observations, the Commission

disposes of the appeal.

CIC order Nizam funds.pdf

Prasad GLN

The query is sought, as several ICs are just disposing of the case and dismissing the appeals, if PIOs say that information is very old and not available on record. CIC decision is as under

"[I]the Commission holds that no direction could be issued to the public authority to provide information when it had nothing within its records".

[/I]

Because the decision is from Hon IC SA, he has himself selected what is to be asked by appellant, and given direction on the basis of a paper clipping.

Some other IC should have simply closed the file instead of further orders, as appellant has not raised the issue and should have advised appellant to file some other application for this information.

Interestingly the queries shown in CIC decision are not from applicant, but restructured/constructed by IC himself.

The decision has come within one year from date of PIO information, and instead of targeting the main dept., who must be having information, a dept., under control of Hon IC SA was selected for filing RTI Application.

Prasad GLN

Have I misunderstood the decision in this case ? IC has followed the second option in that SC Judgment Or it may order the PIO to provide the information subject to other provisions of the RTI act, 2005

MANOJ B. PATEL

Government has claimed that it has no records of the six-decades-old Hyderabad Funds case in which over one million pounds of the Nizam's wealth lying in a bank in England was transferred to the then High Commissioner of Pakistan in London in 1948.

Surprisingly, Press Information Bureau had issued a press release in 2008 claiming that the Union Cabinet has cleared for an out-of-court settlement with Pakistan over the issue.

The Central Information Commission has now directed the External Affairs Ministry to disclose whether any negotiation process was started between India and Pakistan over the treasure, worth over a million pounds which is now estimated to be 30 million pounds, lying in a bank account in London. Read more at;

No records of Nizam's treasure transferred to Pak: Govt | Business Standard News

• Similar Content

• Chandrasekharreddy
      By Chandrasekharreddy
      Sir I Chandrasekhar Reddy working in syndicate bank in Nellore region in Andhra Pradesh since 2016.my home town is guntur dist.my wife is working as senior assistant in agriculture department(H.O) under secretariat in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh only.she is not affect any transfers.please suggest me how I will proceed against law in such situations.
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      Central Information Commission

Decision No.289/IC(A)/2006
      F. No.CIC/MA/A/2006/00366
      Dated, the 20th September, 2006

Name of the Appellant : Sh. K.K. Dawar, A-221, Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi – 110 023.
      Name of the Public Authority: Department of Personnel and Training, M/o Personnel, PG and Pensions, 3rd floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi. DECISION
      The appellant, a UDC, has grievances against the respondent on the matter of promotion of UDCs against the vacant posts of Assistants. In thiscontext, he has sought huge information, mainly in the form of queries that hasbeen duly answered by the CPIO.
      Being not satisfied with the response of the CPIO, he filed his 1st appeal and the appellate authority too has given point-wise detailed reply.
      There are no provisions under the RTI Act for redressal of grievances relating to recruitment, transfer, promotions, etc., of the Govt. employees. The appellant should, therefore, specify the required documents on the basis of which he could approach the competent authority for redressal of his grievances.
      Since there is no denial of information in this case, the appeal is dismissed.
      Sd/-
      (Prof. M.M. Ansari)
      Information Commissioner
      Download the decision from Download segment.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy