kishanmittal

Finding ao code for new online pan registration

Question

kishanmittal

Please let me know how to find the correct AO CODE for filing online PAN registration

3 answers to this question

kishanmittal

Please let me know how to find the correct AO CODE for filing online PAN registration

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• puneet.bansal
      By puneet.bansal
      Hi,

I sent a letter under RTI to IT deptt. and the fee was paid thru IPOs. The PIO in his reply has asked for PAN number for making payment credit to central govt. account.

Is it mandatory to quote the PAN number for fee paid for RTI application???
    • sal8
      By sal8
      Hi,

I had sent in an application to NSDL to correct my surname on my PAN Card. They kept pointing out discrepancy upon discrepancy and I had to file a second correction application. I also sent them a gazetted officer letter for the correction request. Finally they are now pointing out to the following 2 discrepancies:

1. The gazetted officer had written the word "attested" above his signature and this is invalid. Where is the Income Tax procedure or rule for this? Nowhere is the format of the gazetted officer letter presented on NSDL's or Income Tax department's website. As far as the English dictionary is concerned, attested also means "verified."

2. The letter explaining the discrepancy should come from a Class 1 gazetted officer. Nowhere in NSDL's or Income Tax's website mentioned that only a Class 1 gazetted officer should give the letter. In fact, even their discrepancy letters do not mention anything about Class 1.

Can RTI help resolve this and if yes, whom should I direct the RTI query for the PAN issue to? Thanks so much for your help.

--Sal

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy