News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
AVIK2015

RTI to Municipality for non replying of complaint letter / Mass petition

Question

AVIK2015

Hi,

Could anyone please help me to draft the RTI?

We have filed mass petition / objection letter to the concerned municipality chairman (Dum Dum Municipality) on 6th May 2015. But till now no action has been taken. Municipality Officers are not giving any information/ cooperating with us regarding this issue resolved. Also they are verbally saying that the construction is not authorized without checking their records. They are also not willing to give any written reply of our petition. So I would like to file RTI against them for seeking the information why they are not giving any information to us and not doing any investigation.

This is a open secret that the Municipality had taken bribe from the concerned party for the illegal construction. The construction is now at full swine and not a single person has come to investigate the issue.

Please help me to write the RTI.

7 answers to this question

rtiindia

Hi AVIK2015 and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

AVIK2015 here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

File RTI Application seeking information on approvals informing location like lane no. Opp to known municipal no. land mark etc., so that location can be traced by Corporation. Take three or four photographs of existing structures also end enclose to your RTI Application.

You can use adhesive court fee stamp duly pasted on RTI Application and can even personally pay and handover RTI Application

and corporation will deliver a printed receipt mentioning due date for reply.

Application dt..............seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before SPIO, ...... Municipal corporation,...............

RTI fee: Rs.10/- Adhesive Court fee stamp pasted on top right hand side

Applicant:....................................................(it is always advisable to get application filed by some friend or relative from a distant place)

Brief Facts: Construction approval for Building located at..........................Lane Opp H.No....lane No.......Ward No......

Information solicited:

1)Please provide approval copy of building plan for the above construction. (photographs enclosed)

2)Please provide information about action taken on our previous complaints dated..........

Place:

dt.--15.................................Applicantt.

Please file RTI Application in duplicate in person and obtain receipt if possible or else send it by local speed post. Take a xerox

copy of application after pasting of stamp and paste postal receipt on copy of RTI.

Warning: Do not use your name and always get application filed by some other person from a different place and keep your name

secret as information is sensitive at a place like Dum Dum.

AVIK2015

Thank you sir.

RAVEENA_O

Please file an RTI Application to the concerned PIO of Municipal Corporation, giving full details of the land and building and seek following information -

Subject matter of request: Construction of buildings at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

Information sought:

[1] Certified copy of the Sanctioned building plan with respect to the construction of building at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

[2] certified copy of sanction letter and FSI permitted for the construction at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

[3] certified copy of completion drawing of the buildings / structures being constructed at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

[4] Inform me the name, designation and office address of officers and subordinate staff who verified the parameters of the construction plan, with respect to the extant rules including building bylaws, development control rules and development plan in respect of the buildings / structures being constructed at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

[5] If no such sanction for construction of buildings / structures is accorded by ……………. Municipal Corportaiton, please inform me the name, designation and office address of the officers of Municipal Corporation responsible for taking action in demolishing the illegal construction being constructed / constructed at ……………….(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number: ____)

[6] Please supply me the certified copy of the Note Sheet indicating notings by various officials and decision of competent authority on the Joint Complaint dated ………… filed by the residence of that locality with respect to unauthorised / illegal construction being done at …………………………..(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number ____)

[7] Please inform me the name, designation and office address of the officers of Municipal Corporation responsible for taking action on the Joint Complaint dated ………… filed by the residence of that locality with respect to unauthorised / illegal construction being done at …………………………..(details of area and location & address) i.e. S. No ….. , Near ………….., ……………. Street, ……………….. Road,. (Municipal ward Number ____)

For guidance in writing and submitting RTI Applications, please refer to:

HOW TO WRITE RTI APPLICATION

GUIDE IN WRITING GOOD RTI APPLICATION

Follow the RTI Rules, Fee & format (if any) applicable to your state, which is available in this link:

CENTRAL / STATE RTI RULES - GUIDE

AVIK2015

Thank you so much Raveena mam.

Mam, I would like to add another point in the RTI application where I would like to ask the municipality why they have not replying to our joint complaint and why the building construction still continued after they received the complaint. Also would like to ask the municipality that if the building planned is sanctioned deviating the building rules, then how will be responsible for the loss if the building demolishes in any natural calamities like earthquake?

Please help me to drafting this two lines.

RAVEENA_O

I would like to ask the municipality why they have not replying to our joint complaint and why the building construction still continued after they received the complaint.

Sr.No. 6 of the suggested query in post no.5 shall take care of this.

Also would like to ask the municipality that if the building planned is sanctioned deviating the building rules, then how will be responsible for the loss if the building demolishes in any natural calamities like earthquake?

Sr.No. 7 of the suggested query is pointed to this aspect. You cannot, however, raise hypothetical queries to the PIO. Your right is to seek the information held by and under the control of the public authority. Even when the sanctioned buildings get damaged during disasters or natural calamities, the officials of Municipality shall not be responsible.

AVIK2015

Thank you so much mam. I have benefited by RTI in passport and UBI bank and my problem got resolved very early. I believe for this case also RTI will help me to fight against illegal issues.