- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
By Aditi Roy Ghatak
Can someone please help me with the phone numbers and correct email IDs for the Information Comissioners in Assam and Karnataka. I need to invite them as speakers to a seminar on Right to Information being organised in Kolkata on February 3, 2007 by PUBLIC (People United for Better Living in Calcutta).
Aditi Roy Ghatak
Maharashtra Govt to appoint 3 new information commissioners: CM
Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh today assured social activist Anna Hazare that his government would appoint three new information commissioners in the first week of January with a view to effectively implement the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
Mr Hazare had called on the Chief Minister at Mantralaya here this afternoon. Besides Mr Deshmukh, Minister of State for General Administration Rajesh Tope and State Rural Development Minister Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil were also present on the occasion.
Mr Deshmukh said the new appointments will be for Mumbai and divisional levels.
He said the government would issue show-cause notices to the offices which are yet to appoint information officers.
The Chief Minister directed the rural development department to take regular reviews of the work done by the government for creating awareness about the RTI act at the village level and even in the gramsabhas.
Mr Mohite-Patil informed that his department was taking regular reviews of the functioning of the gramsabhas from the CEO to gramsevaks and efforts were on to create awareness about the same.
Mr Deshmukh said the district collectors would be given powers to appoint members on the anti-corruption and prohibition committees.
To this, Mr Tope replied that the process of formulating office rules under the Transfer laws was on.
Maharashtra Govt to appoint 3 new information commissioners: CM @ NewKerala.Com News Channel