News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
mukeshprasad6

Irregularity in Promotion Transfer of CIL

Question

mukeshprasad6

Hello,

I am Mukesh. I have observed that CIL(Coal India Limited) in executing routine transfer promotions they do not follow any consistent guidelines. At one place they issue orders for promotion with transfer of most of their executives and then most of them are retained at their place of posting and promotion is made effective while in case of only a very few executives the promotion is cancelled on the ground of staying of transfer. This is in gross violation of natural justice and so I wish to know through RTI Act, from CIL authority about the norms and rules followed in making transfer promotion orders.Also I wish to know the number of executives in different disciplines promoted and retained at the same place of posting and the number of executives on promotion were retained at the same place of posting but their promotion was cancelled in the year 2012 and then 2013. Also what was the number of Medical Executives who were denied promotion in comparison to Executives of other disciplines?

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go ahead as you have covered entire aspects, and treat the information as first step in the ladder, as you may have to file further RTI Applications to know more details at a later date.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Chandrasekharreddy
      By Chandrasekharreddy
      Sir I Chandrasekhar Reddy working in syndicate bank in Nellore region in Andhra Pradesh since 2016.my home town is guntur dist.my wife is working as senior assistant in agriculture department(H.O) under secretariat in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh only.she is not affect any transfers.please suggest me how I will proceed against law in such situations.
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      Central Information Commission

Decision No.289/IC(A)/2006
      F. No.CIC/MA/A/2006/00366
      Dated, the 20th September, 2006

Name of the Appellant : Sh. K.K. Dawar, A-221, Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi – 110 023.
      Name of the Public Authority: Department of Personnel and Training, M/o Personnel, PG and Pensions, 3rd floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi. DECISION
      The appellant, a UDC, has grievances against the respondent on the matter of promotion of UDCs against the vacant posts of Assistants. In thiscontext, he has sought huge information, mainly in the form of queries that hasbeen duly answered by the CPIO.
      Being not satisfied with the response of the CPIO, he filed his 1st appeal and the appellate authority too has given point-wise detailed reply.
      There are no provisions under the RTI Act for redressal of grievances relating to recruitment, transfer, promotions, etc., of the Govt. employees. The appellant should, therefore, specify the required documents on the basis of which he could approach the competent authority for redressal of his grievances.
      Since there is no denial of information in this case, the appeal is dismissed.
      Sd/-
      (Prof. M.M. Ansari)
      Information Commissioner
      Download the decision from Download segment.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy