News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
aman8210

Personal security and legality of Aadhar card data

Question

aman8210

Thank you sir and mam, I got your point .

I also wanted to know that if I want to ask about legal framework and privacy norms of any policy run by gov of India then what should I ask for? As auditors certify the financial management, is there someone else who certify the legal framework of that policy?

7 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

Privacy is an individual right, which is considered as a facet of fundamental rights. Government policies are meant for public benefit and hence there is openness and transparency and accessible to public, subject to exemptions under Section-8 or 9 of RTI Act.

Public policies are outcome of legislative exercises and such policies are framed for public benefit. Illegalities, if any, can be assailed before competent court of law.

aman8210

Hon sir/ mam,

My previous query regarding privacy and legality was in context to UIDAI, Aadhar card company.

Actually I want to know that the biometrics and data of each is in safe hands or not.

Beacuse I heard that uidai lacks its legal framework and they can do anything with data they have, it would like spying on everyone with consent of all.

That's why I want know about its legal framework regarding the privacy of our personal data.

So please let me know what should I ask for in this situation.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, your query does not relate to RTI Act to which this portal is dedicated.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

Wrong thread: Thread must be : Privacy and legality in AADHAR card linkage.

Hon Manoj,

The issue is undoubtedly RTI issue and most important issue. This requires indepth study and one must be familiar with which AADHAR is presently being linked to.

Let senior moderators also advise as one has to go through SC judgment and several other important aspects as personal security is involved. (Experts please study the post and guide all others about the intricacies involved in the process of AADHAR, as Govt has first stated that it is not linked to any welfare and now from rationcard, gas connection, voter card , welfare schemes, Bank account, Electricity, Municipal tax, employment...this AADHAR is being linked to every aspect that links citizen with every Public authority)

aman8210

Hon sir/ mam,

My query is in regard to privacy and legality in context to UIDAI, Aadhar card company.

Actually I want to know that the biometrics and data of each is in safe hands or not.

Beacuse I heard that uidai lacks its legal framework and they can do anything with data they have, it would like spying on everyone with consent of all.

That's why I want know about its legal framework regarding the privacy of our personal data.

This is really serious issue,

So please let me know what should I ask for in this situation in my rti

All honorable sir n mam, please put your point of view.

RAVEENA_O

There is a specific directive from Hon'ble Apex Court that biometric or any other data from Aahdar should not be shared with any authorities unless the person concerned gives consent in writing.

You may file RTI Application with the CPIO of UDAI and seek the

[1] certified copy of the data sharing policy with respect to AADHAR database held by and under the control of UDAI, as on 31/5/2015.

[2] Certified copy of any Rules, Regulations, Notifications, Circulars, OMs or any other document stipulating specific prohibition to share data for any other purpose than civilian application for which AADHAR data were created.

[3] Please inform me the designation and office address of the competent authority, to disclose Aadhar data to any other Government Agencies including Police and Intelligence agencies for investigation purposes.

[4] Certified copy of any order by Hon'ble Apex Court specifically prohibiting to share the Aadhar Data with any other Govt agencies for investigation purpose.

Central RTI Rules and Fee shall apply - CENTRAL / STATE RTI RULES - GUIDE

For guidance in writing and submitting RTI Applications, please refer to:

HOW TO WRITE RTI APPLICATION

GUIDE IN WRITING GOOD RTI APPLICATION

SUBMIT RTI APPLICATION

RTI TIME SCHEDULE.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Priya De
      By Priya De
      Find here the original Supreme court judgement on Aadhaar.
      (1)        The requirement under Aadhaar Act to give one's demographic and biometric information does not violate fundamental right of privacy.
      (2)        The provisions of Aadhaar Act requiring demographic and biometric information from a resident for Aadhaar Number pass three­fold test as laid down in Puttaswamy (supra) case, hence cannot be said to be unconstitutional.
      (3)        Collection of data, its storage and use does not violate fundamental Right of Privacy.
      (4)    Aadhaar Act does not create an architecture for pervasive surveillance.
      (5)        Aadhaar Act and Regulations provides protection and safety of the data received from individuals.
      (6)        Section 7 of the Aadhaar is constitutional. The provision does not deserve to be struck down on account of denial in some cases of right to claim on account of failure of authentication.
      (7)        The State while enlivening right to food, right to shelter etc. envisaged under Article 21 cannot encroach upon the right of privacy of beneficiaries nor former can be given precedence over the latter.
      (8)        Provisions of Section 29 is constitutional and does not deserves to be struck down.
      (9)        Section 33 cannot be said to be unconstitutional as it provides for the use of Aadhaar data base for police investigation nor it can be  said to violate protection granted under Article 20(3).
      (10)      Section 47 of the Aadhaar Act cannot be held to be unconstitutional on the ground that it does not allow an individual who finds that there is a violation of Aadhaar Act to initiate any criminal process.
      (11)      Section 57, to the extent, which permits use of Aadhaar by the State or any body corporate or person, in pursuant to any contract to this effect is unconstitutional and void. Thus, the last phrase in main provision of Section 57, i.e. “or any contract to this effect” is struck down.
      (12)      Section 59 has validated all actions taken by the Central Government under the notifications dated 28.01.2009    and 12.09.2009 and all actions shall be deemed to have been taken under the Aadhaar Act.
      (13)      Parental consent for providing biometric information under Regulation 3 & demographic information under Regulation 4 has to be read for enrolment of children between 5 to 18 years to uphold the constitutionality of Regulations 3 & 4 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016.
      (14)      Rule 9 as amended by PMLA (Second Amendment) Rules, 2017 is not unconstitutional and does not violate Articles 14, 19(1)(g), 21 & 300A of the Constitution and Sections 3, 7 & 51 of the Aadhaar Act. Further Rule 9 as amended is not ultra vires to PMLA Act, 2002.
      (15)      Circular dated 23.03.2017 being unconstitutional is set aside.
      (16)      Aadhaar Act has been rightly passed as Money Bill.  The decision of Speaker certifying the Aadhaar Bill, 2016 as Money Bill is not immuned from Judicial Review.
      (17)      Section 139­AA does not breach fundamental Right of Privacy as per Privacy Judgment in Puttaswamy case.
      (18)      The Aadhaar Act does not violate the interim orders passed in Writ Petition (C) No. 494 of 2012 and other Writ Petitions.

• karira
      By karira
      HC directs GCZMA to verify legality of Club Paradiso

Panaji, Dec 12 Responding to a petition filed by one Mr Rutul Sharma challenging the inaction of GCZMA and alleging non-payment of lease amount to the government by the discotheque ‘Club Paradiso’, the High Court has asked the GCZMA and Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) to look into the matter.

The Bench consisting of Mr Justice DB Bhosale and Mr Justice NA Britto has asked GCZMA to decide whether the structure is legal or illegal within a period of 8 weeks from today. It is also made clear that GCZMA can take appropriate action if the same is found to be illegal and in violation of CRZ regulation.

Pertaining to the lease amount, the court has asked the petitioner to make a representation to GTDC, within a week’s time. It is further directed that if any representation is made the same should be decided within a period of 12 weeks after giving opportunity to both the parties.

It is alleged by the petitioner that one Mr Nandagopal Kudchadkar is carrying out an illegal commercial activity of running a discotheque and night cub styled as ‘Club Paradiso’, under the garb of running a restaurant.

Mr Sharma stated that the illegal structure has been erected in close proximity to the beach and hence is in violation of the CRZ III area. The petitioner approched the GCZMA pointing out the illegalities; however the authorities took no action.

The petitioner also obtained information under the RTI Act and learnt that Mr Kudchadkar had taken the property on an annual lease rent of Rs 5,07,000. However till date no lease deal has been executed between them.

According to the petitioner, till July 6, 2007 there are arrears of Rs 15,32,250 and no action has been initiated by GTDC for recovery of dues. Now, with the direction of the High Court, the GCZMA has to decide the illegality of the structure within a period of 8 weeks.

Navhind Times on the Web: Goa

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy