MANOJ B. PATEL

CIC directed CPIO to furnish certified copies of relevant record in 24 hours.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Appellant had sought information related to Khasara No. and owner of it. The CPIO had provided owner's name but appellant contended the said person's ownership does not exist in revenue record. The CIC directed the CPIO to furnish certified copies of relevant record in 24 hours of this hearing.

CIC_SA_A_2015_000069_M_155365.pdf

D.T.RATHAVA

Rare of the rare decision

Prasad GLN

Why appellant has not sought inspection ?

Why second appeal should not also be complaint stating that deliberate and misleading information was provided ?

Why certified copies and why not with affidavit, as it must have fixed PIO in case information is misleading ?

What was the earlier copy provided ? Is it not certified ?

(Advocate representation for appellant for hearing before another Law Professor, the decision can not be otherwise.)

koteswararaonerella

This is rarely happen and generally thy use to say su many days after receipt of the CIC decision in writing, this type of decision will result in CONTEMPT by the CPIO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• rajkumarpaswan
      By rajkumarpaswan
      I have purchased a land and have already registered it. How can I use RTI to know details of said Land to know if everything is alright as I have some doubts.
    • jps50
      By jps50
      I happened to view following advice by Indian Bank Association [ premiere association of bank managements in India-not a public authority under RTI] under RTI link for its member banks:

INDIAN BANKS' ASSOCIATION

8. Presentation of Records
      All the public sector banks are advised to maintain records for 20 years as envisaged under the Right to Information act. Such requirement would be effective from the date the Right to Information Act has come into force, i.e. 15th June 2005. Such requirement will be applicable to all existing records not yet destroyed as also to the records created after the commencement of the Right to Information Act i.e. 15th June 2005.

I have my own reservations that RTI will amend Record Retention Policy of public authority under Public Records Act. There is some wrong interpretation by IBA on this issue. The dates of commencement of RTI is also wrong.

I invite expert opinion of our learned members on this issue

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy