News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
manojan

Who is the PIO and FAA of an Government Aided School, Private School

Question

manojan

I am going to file an application requesting Information under RTI act with a Government Aided School and a Private School in Tamilnadu. Could you please let me know who will be the PIO and First Appellate Authority?

18 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

For govt, aided school, you may file RTI application to the PIO of concerned school but private school is not covered under RTI Act so if you want to seek any information about private school you may file RTI application to the PIO, District Education Officer (DEO). For FAA's detail kindly search on DEO's website.

For guidance in writing and submitting RTI Applications, please refer to following links.

HOW TO WRITE RTI APPLICATION.

CENTRAL/STATE RTI RULES- GUIDE.

HOW TO SUBMIT RTI APPLICATION.

RTI TIME SCHEDULE.

vipsankar5

Manoj sir,

Under rule of government private school also under the act because government gave the permission to open the school.in accordance with the law private schools also elegibile in this act.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

You have mentioned in your query ' Private School in Tamilnadu ' and not ' Government Private School in Tamilnadu '. Right?

manojan
Dear member,

You have mentioned in your query ' Private School in Tamilnadu ' and not ' Government Private School in Tamilnadu '. Right?

I have mentioned, Government Aided Schools and Private Schools of Tamilnadu

Prasad GLN

Please post your query and let members interact and guide you properly, depending on query, as private schools running with grants by Govt., are control under different departments depending on issue. You may severe names and give brief details on the query.

manojan
Please post your query and let members interact and guide you properly, depending on query, as private schools running with grants by Govt., are control under different departments depending on issue. You may severe names and give brief details on the query.

i. Please provide information if St. Joseph Convent School, Nagercoil is a government Aided school.

ii. Please provide me the total number of students studied in Class X in the academic Year of 2014 to 2015.

iii. Please provide information on the number of sections available in Class X for the academic year of 2014-15.

iv. Please provide me copy of the attendance register of Class X ( All Sections)

v. Please provide me the total number of Students who has passed Class X for the academic year of 2014-15.

a. Please provide me Name list of all the students who have written the Class X exams (2014-2015) along with the marks scored in the final public Exam for Class X.

b. Please provide me the Name list of students who have passed Class X in your school ( St Joseph’s Convent) and pursuing XI in your School( St Joseph’s Convent) and marks scored in Class X

vi. Please provide details on all available Groups in XI in St Joseph’s Convent

vii. Please provide me group wise admission list of XI for the academic Year of 2015-2016 with Names of the students, Marks obtained in Class X, and the name of the school the students have studied in Class X

viii. Please provide me the cost of admission form for Class XI.

ix. Please provide me the amount of Capitation Fee or Admission Fee Collected to get admission for Class XI (Academic Year 2015-2016)

x. Please provide me the color of Uniform of the St Joseph’s Convent, Nagercoil. Is the color of Uniform is as prescribed/order by the Government of Tamilnadu

xi. Please provide me the name list of Students who are getting Free Education as per government Order.

Prasad GLN

Except a wherein you have sought marks secured by all, the application is OK. But to me it appears too lengthy and consider either for abridging the information or filing applications issue wise Entire X class one application, XII class one application, other issues one application.

I am giving my views.

First Application:

1)Please provide information if St. Joseph Convent School, Nagercoil is a government Aided school.

(Instead I suggest : Please provide the amount of total grants received by the school from Govt.

2. Please provide me the color of Uniform prescribed by TN is being implemented in school and if so such color.

3. Please provide me total strength of students and out of which number of Students who are getting Free Education as per government Order with copy of such order.

Application No.2:

Please provide following information for 2014-15 on X class students.

a)No of students on roll:

b)No of Sections:

c)Whether entire information of students are reflected in attendance register,if so confirm and permit inspection.

d)No of students passed with total marks scored with such list as certified copy:

4)No of students passed in X continuing XII in same school and showing those names in above list writing continuing X11 against those names.

EX

SLNO Name Total marks whether continuing XII

on roles

1 MrA 920 Yes

2 Mr.B failed/not appeared Does not arise.

3 Mr.C. 970 No.

3rd Application: XII Students 2014-14

1.Enlist groups/subjects offered for study and students admitted in each group with their names and marks obtained in qualifying examinations.

EX:

Group ABC. Group XYX

1A scored 60 1.Mr.P (70)

2BScored 59 2 Mr/Q (68)

2) please provide separately Cost of admission form, fees of admission, Fees subject wise, Capitation fees if any charged as development and some other form.

For Application 1 & 2 you MAY SEEK information from DEO or Board

For XII either from CBSE or state Board.

But also mark a copy of school in advance and state the same in original application. There is no need to repeatedly mentioning name of school as it is sufficient to mention in Brief facts about school name, location and information pertaining to General/X class/XII class admissions 2014-15

(I have excluded attendance Register. Please understand that this was drafted at 121.01 am and requires thorough checking as to whether entire issues raised by you are covered as required. If not add and complete the process. We can only propose, guide and suggest and it is you who has to decide...and if it is not satisfactory...do not implement and avoid comments)

I am interested in knowing the object and as to why compariion with previous years on pass percentages was not solicited with qualifications and experience of faculty)

manojan

St Joseph's Convent is a Government Aided School. It is a high profile school. There is irregularity in admission process to Class XI. They are getting the money and admitting students with low marks.They have defied the government order on admission process to class XI and the prescribed Uniform government.

koteswararaonerella

is there any public interest in seeking the above information which may kindly be provided for the benefit of the members .

secondly christian schools will normally not take any government Aid and you need to ensure if the school is aided . otherwise it will not come under RTI.

manojan
is there any public interest in seeking the above information which may kindly be provided for the benefit of the members .

secondly christian schools will normally not take any government Aid and you need to ensure if the school is aided . otherwise it will not come under RTI.

Thank you for the information, I am seeking information from a Government aided school and I think in an Order CIC has stated that Private schools too come under and Yes, this Rti is going to be filed, just with public interest.

koteswararaonerella

PRIVATE SCHOOLS ARE JOT PUBLIC AUTHORITIES to come under RTI if you have any CIC decison you can give the no. and date so that we can comment further.

Prasad GLN

Even after 12 posts, there is clarity in reply. Please post the query without names (Severing) and let member reply. Yes. In case of Delhi Administration, for getting pension benefits of a retired teacher, first time Hon IC SA has delivered that decision. It is CIC and for Delhi, and in case of state subject, it is SIC that has to take a decision, and CIC decisions may not be binding on SIC and circumstances may vary. We can not apply any decision blindly. Whether it is a Public Authority or not, we must explore alternate avenues and find out a way to get needed information. Because, it is in Public interest, one can not get information, from a private organisation. Can we ask Maggi company about MSG and seek inspection under RTI ?

Please do not assume things and post query and value the time of yours and others.

manojan
Even after 12 posts, there is clarity in reply. Please post the query without names (Severing) and let member reply. Yes. In case of Delhi Administration, for getting pension benefits of a retired teacher, first time Hon IC SA has delivered that decision. It is CIC and for Delhi, and in case of state subject, it is SIC that has to take a decision, and CIC decisions may not be binding on SIC and circumstances may vary. We can not apply any decision blindly. Whether it is a Public Authority or not, we must explore alternate avenues and find out a way to get needed information. Because, it is in Public interest, one can not get information, from a private organisation. Can we ask Maggi company about MSG and seek inspection under RTI ?

Please do not assume things and post query and value the time of yours and others.

I am filing this RTI on the belief that the Government Aided Schools comes under RTI as per the recent TN SIC order.

Aided schools come under RTI Act, rules Madras High Court - The Hindu

Please advice me if I am wrong, Can I go ahead with the RTI application?

Thanks

Prasad GLN

'"Post query and value the time of yours and others"

This is what precisely you have been asked to.

Without posting the query you are asking. "Please advice me if I am wrong, Can I go ahead with the RTI application?"

If you are so confident, you can go ahead and no one can stop you and still there is no harm in filing a simple RTI Application. You may get it or not but filing RTI Application is not an offense.

When you have decided to post and even citing Madras HC decision now in 14th post, you can as well go ahead and there is no pressure on you to post the query.

We are here to suggest depending on queries and you have to decide.

manojan

So, Here is the update. After I file this RTI application on 5th June, 2015. I got numerous call from the school requesting me not to force this RTI application. And after stipulated 30 + 5 days, on 12/08/2015, I filed the first appeal with the CEO of this district. on 17/08/2015 i received a back dated letter with the below answers.

Q1. Please provide the amount of total grants received by the school from Govt.

Answer: Question is not specific.

Q2. Please provide me the color of Uniform prescribed by TN is being implemented in school and if so such color.

Answer: There is no Government Order

Q3. Please provide me total strength of students and out of which number of Students who are getting Free Education as per government Order with copy of such order.

Answer: RTE(Right to Education) is not applicable for Minority institutions.

Q4. Please provide following information for 2014-15 on X class students.

a)No of students on roll:

b)No of Sections:

c)Whether entire information of students are reflected in attendance register,if so confirm and permit inspection.

d)No of students passed with total marks scored with such list as certified copy:

4)No of students passed in X continuing XII in same school and showing those names in above list writing continuing X11 against those names.

EX

SLNO Name Total marks whether continuing XII

on roles

1 MrA 920 Yes

2 Mr.B failed/not appeared Does not arise.

3 Mr.C. 970 No.

Answer: As per GOI Dept. of P&T, New Delhi, Guidelines for all stake holders(Para 13) Letter No: 1/41 2009-IR dated 5-10-2009.

" The supply of information sought in a particular form would disproportionately divert the resource of the public authority"

Moreover, DOPT guidelines Para 14, clearly states that the PIO has no right to reshape the information.

Q5. XII Students 2014-14

1.Enlist groups/subjects offered for study and students admitted in each group with their names and marks obtained in qualifying examinations.

EX:

Group ABC. Group XYX

1A scored 60 1.Mr.P (70)

2BScored 59 2 Mr/Q (68)

2) please provide separately Cost of admission form, fees of admission, Fees subject wise, Capitation fees if any charged as development and some other form.

Answer: Since it is a current file information cannot be given at this stage.

First Appellate authority is Correspondent( Wrong as per the Educational department website)

Since, I have already filed the first appeal and have stressed hearing and my presence while hearing, i assume to hear the same answers provided. Can anyone please help advice me to face this hearing and also empower me with any judgements, orders that has been issued by court or CIC or SIC applicable to this scenario will be appreciated.

Edited by manojan
forgot to add one info

jps50

Instead of getting confused as to which type of school is under RTI or not etc, it is better to follow following links for seeking required information through District Education Officer, who controls aided as well as non-aided schools and he has adequate powers to summon such information from all schools under his jurisdiction:

Private entity:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/154-how-get-information-private-entity-under-rti.html

https://app.box.com/s/tpov6lndcqd592871d1e

HOW TO FILE RTI:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

https://app.box.com/s/5n8e7xx2l2n48yt7hhy1

TN

TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - Guide

Please segregate queries, since too many lengthy queries in one RTI will give chance to school or DEO to invoke section 7.9 of RTI Act and delay supply of information. You may first raise only 5 queries and once you get replies, file another RTI for another 5-7 queries and so on; or else let some of your friends file separate RTIs seeking 5-7 queries per person.

[it appears I missed post No. 16 before posting above replies. However it is retained since it will be useful for future RTIs]

jps50

For first appeal following links may be useful:

Sec 8:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/60-section-8-rti-act-2005-imp-decisions.html

https://app.box.com/s/6wssf9uhlfttccu35akn

Diversion of resources [sec 7.9]:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1102-disproportionate-diversion-resources.html

https://app.box.com/s/h7lr6xjco9qodc8dgeiu

Since you have received PIO reply after filing first appeal for no reply [deemed refusal], you may file an addendum to first appeal based on quality and quantity of information supplied. You can base your averment as under:

Q No.1 [grants]: You should have mentioned specific period. However, you may now state for financial years 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 etc as per your requirement by way of clarification.

Q 2: PIO has evaded supply of information. School must be having colour of uniform on its record

Q 3: Reply is irrelevant and misleading

Q 4: You may quote contents of above link of diversion of funds [7.9]

Q 5: There is no provision in RTI Act that information of current issues/file cannot be supplied.

For all queries:

PIO can deny information only under section 8 or 9 of RTI Act as provided in section 7.1. PIO has not quoted any of sub-sections of section 8.1 for denial with justification for such denial.

Under section 19.5 of RTI Act the onus to justify denial rests with PIO. Under section 20.1 the burden of proving that PIO acted reasonably and diligently is enjoined on PIO. He should be put to strict test to this effect in hearing of this appeal. Please provide me minutes of hearing of this appeal.

manojan

Sure, I will provide you the minutes of the hearing... Thanks.