News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
shaikhstonevilla

Damaged road repaired with RTI weapon

shaikhstonevilla

Hi,

y

The road condition was very bad in our area. So I made a complain at 155303 (toll free number of AMC) reagding that.

After 2or 3 days, I received an Sms in my mobile indicating that your complain number xxx has been closed. I was very surprised as there is no any work done by AMC. I called the customer care again and asked them why my complain closed ? The customer care lady replied me that the responsible person who had closed your complain has made a remark that "Work done" ! I requested the lady to reopen my complain and it was again closed without taking any action. The same thing happened 4 times. Even I met AMC officer personally. He told me that the road repairing work will be done after the next budget.

I posted the question in our RTI forum about filing an RTI for damaged road and got reply from Manoj Patel and somebody JP 50 with some useful links.

I filed an RTI and surprisingly I got a call from RTI officer saying that come to the AMC office, we'll sort out your problems. Now road repairing work has been done by them.

Now I think that RTI is only the useful tool to get our work done from any government Department.

Shaikhstonevilla

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

It is very good. If you want to serve people continue it.

shaikhstonevilla

Thank you Manojbhai.

Prasad GLN

Always use the RTI as a Tool to find useful information in public interest and not as weapon to settle scores.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Yes, you are exactly right sir. Now a days, in Himachal Pradesh RTI Act is fast turning into a weapon for government employees to settle professional scores.

iVijayC

Kindly share your RTI application copy.

koteswararaonerella

YES RTI WORKS occasionally but in several cases they test your patience and you are lucky to get the work done.CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS

chetannaik

RTI was only weapon to save corrupt free society.

The way you are followed was good and I thanks you. Don't stop fight against corruption