- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
RTI has the potential to drive social change through collaborative, community-led and Data driven approachBy Shrawan
RTI has the potential to drive social change through collaborative, community-led and Data -informed public policies.
In Sept 2013 two retired professors of Junagadh Agricultural University approached me for solution to their problem, as they were paid commutation of pension by applying wrong formula. Matter was lingering from 2007, despite various representations to University. I prepared RTI for University, which passed on the bucks to Directorate of Pension and Provident Fund, Gandhinagar, Gujarat for not providing guidance in the matter. I prepared another RTI to the said directorate, which then provided University with detailed guidelines and correct formula. By Feb 2014, University paid arrears not only to these two professors, but nearly 400 other staff ranging from Rs.25000/- to Rs.135000/-, based on correct formula