akhilesh yadav

J&K: Babus beware: Dy Director ICDS denies info, gets penalty notice from CIC

akhilesh yadav

Srinagar, June 1: The Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) has issued a penalty notice against the Deputy Director (P&S) who is also the Public Information Officer (PIO) at Mission Director ICDS for failing to provide information under Right to Information Act to an applicant.

The CIC has also sought an explanation from the Mission Director ICDS as to why compensation may not be provided to he RTI applicant, hailing from Kupwara district of north Kashmir, for making him to wait for months to get simple information under RTI Act.

Details available with Early Times reveal that one Farooq Ahmed Lone had filed an RTI application before the PIO Mission Director, ICDS J&K on 11.11.2014 to seek some information about the schemes implemented by ICDS in Kupwara. Under the provisions of section 7 of the J&K RTI Act 2009, a response to the RTI application was to be given as expeditiously as possible as but not later than 30 days. That means the RTI application was to be decided in any case by December, 2014. As Farooq did not receive any response from the PIO, he filed first appeal before First Appellate Authority (FAA)--Mission Director ICDS--on 1.1.2015.

Early Times: Leading Newspaper Jammu Kashmir, Latest News about Jammu & Kashmir

MANOJ B. PATEL

Like separatists of J & K these Babus of valley also believe that they are not in India.

Prasad GLN

From all these posts, it appears that Kashmir CIC is using all his powers and not sparing PIOs. Why not others follow ?

karira
From all these posts, it appears that Kashmir CIC is using all his powers and not sparing PIOs. Why not others follow ?

Yes, he is very strict....maybe that is because his background is Chief Commissioner Income Tax

Prasad GLN

Sorry Hon.Karira..I do not agree that erstwhile position brings strength after reading about CVC and his past conduct.

• Similar Content

• Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      How do I send a registered notice to college principal asking for return of original documents? ( I am asking for the procedure in drafting a registered notice.)
    • venugopal
      By venugopal
      My application got delayed and the officer was apparently not responsible but his office assist were.

I learned that in RTI rule 20 only officers are liable for punishment under RTI. Then how those clerks can be held responsible?

There should be a clause to fix the people below ACPIO too.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy