News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Meenu Khurana

Reg company wise export details

Question

Meenu Khurana

Hello,

Is information regarding Company wise export details of Software companies can be provided to the applicant under RTI Act ?

5 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

Private companies are not covered under RTI Act.

Meenu Khurana

If person seek as above information from PIO, is PIO disclose the information to him.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

If company is a public authority, you may file RTI application to the PIO and if information is not exempted from disclosure PIO will provide it.

Meenu Khurana

Please help me, if a organization dealing with other private companies for providing goods, then exports figure can be disclose to the applicant or not. Or is it third party information which is exempted under 8 (I) (d) under RTI

D.T.RATHAVA

The export details ambit of Section 8(1) (d) of Right to Information Act, 2005. As per Section 8(1) (d) of the said Act, information including commercial confidence, trade secrets or intellectual property, the disclosure of which would harm the competitive position of a third party, unless the competent authority is satisfied that larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information.