MANOJ B. PATEL

JFA demands action against journalists killers

MANOJ B. PATEL

Guwahati, Jun 10 (PTI) Journalists' Forum of Assam (JFA) today demanded action against the killers of Uttar Pradesh journalist Jagendra Singh who was allegedly set ablaze by a state minister along with his associates and four policemen.

"We demand appropriate actions against those who eliminated Singh to avoid embarrassment because of his regular postings on Facebook," JFA president Rupam Barua and secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.Read more at;

JFA demands action against UP journalist's killers

koteswararaonerella

In bihar,up and ne states this type of brutal killings is going on since long aupported/abetted by the political leaders.we don't know when they ill become law abiding people

MANOJ B. PATEL

It is all over world. Media activists say attacks on journalists are becoming increasingly barbaric.

At least 66 journalists were killed across the globe this year 2014 while another 178 media workers were imprisoned, according to industry monitoring outlet Reporters Without Borders.

While the number of journalists’ deaths fell slightly when compared to 2013 figures, the high-profile beheadings of Western and Arab reporters by militant Jihadists in the Middle East marked a gruesome escalation in the types of violence employed against the Fourth Estate.

“Rarely have reporters been murdered with such a barbaric sense of propaganda, shocking the entire world,” said the watchdog organization in their annual report published on Tuesday.

RSF also noted that the number of kidnapping cases skyrocketed dramatically in 2014 with 119 journalists reportedly being abducted, a 37% increase year-on-year.

koteswararaonerella

THIS MOSTLY HAPPENS IN VILLAGES WHERE LAND AND AND MAFIAs are very strong and it easy to locate he RTI Activists and harm them

MANOJ B. PATEL

When any journalist, social worker, activist who are really dedicated to the Constitution of India and is murdered, at least government should hand over the investigation of case to any honest senior police officer or CID instead of local police station officer so that a perfect charge sheet can be filed in court to get the accused convicted but unfortunately authority does not bother to take a note of such murder.