News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
mangalh

PIO Details of Public transport department of WB

Question

mangalh

Respected All ,

Draft

1. Whether can challenged person (having more than 40% Disability Certificate/Card ) free to travel all AC BUSES run by GOVT OF WEST BENGAL as per Govt order vide Transport Department No. 2203 Wt / 7B22/2001 Dated May 16th 2003 .

2. If no then share the certified copy of Circular /Notification /Press Note (if any).

3. Whether all GOVT buses including AC buses having two reserved seat having sufficient space arrangement in compliance of the bye laws mentioned in the PWD Act of 1995 for PWds as mentioned in Transport Department Circular No. 4355 / WT / 3N –88 / 2009 Dated: 22nd Oct 2009

4. Share copy of the complaints procedure, rules, guidelines, manual used for if any violations have been noticed against question No 1 & 3.

suggestion required on draft as well as concern authorities details as 2nd authorities has been shifted

So unable to trace whom to address (these information found ) , CTC & SBTC two different organization run the Govt buses .

To

The SPIO

12, R. N Mukherjee Road

Transport Department ,Govt Of West Bengal

Kolkata 700001.

To

S.A.P.I.O.

and other PIO Transport Department

Writers’ Building, Kolkata-1 , Ph – 033-22540616

2 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

You may file RTI application to the SPIO at the address mentioned by you.

For guidance in writing and submitting RTI Applications, please refer to following links.

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/4403-guide-drafting-good-rti-application.html

Centre/State RTI Rules and Fees - Guide

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/raveena_o/1990-rti-time-scheule.html

Prasad GLN

Just seek copies of their norms and directives and the implementation status instead of educating them on their own circulars. Just focus on their norms and practice alone.

If there are violations file complaint and then follow up with RTI.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      Transport dept protected Malhotra
      The transport department of Delhi Government worked overtime to protect Ashok Malhotra, the Vidhan Sabha canteen contractor now on the run from the clutches of the CBI. It not only allotted VIP numbers for his fleet of luxury cars but also protected him when information was sought on the registered owner of the cars
      The Pioneer has, in its possession, a copy of the application filed with the Delhi State Transport Department in April this year under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
      The queries included the name of the owner, details of registration, proof of residence and also a copy of recommendation letter/certificate from MP/MLA/Government official. But in a letter signed by the Joint Commissioner (Transport) Virender Kumar, the transport department refused to divulge any information.
      They took refuge in the technicality that "the information asked by the applicant is about individuals others than the applicant and hence related to Third Party as defined under Section 2(n) of the Act".
      Another argument on which the information was denied was that under Section 8 (j) of the RTI, "information which relates to personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest, or which could cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual" cannot be revealed.
      The transport department also noted "the appellant has not indicated the bonafide public interest in seeking the information, which is personal in nature."

However, the application was made in public interest as allotment of VIP numbers is done with the recommendation of MP/MLA or senior Government officials. Secondly, how were so many VIP numbers were allotted to a single individual without the knowledge of the transport Minister whose signature is required for approval of these numbers?

That senior politicians and bureaucrats are involved in this case is indicated in the brazen manner in which Malhotra parked all the luxury cars in front of his house without any fear behind Batra Cinema in Mukherjee Nagar.
      The Pioneer > Home
    • pbuddhiraja
      By pbuddhiraja
      Hi everyone,

I have a confusion whether PIO at RPO (Regional Passport Office?) would also be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

If I check the status of my application at the "http://passport.chd.nic.in/" it tells me the status as "Police Report has not been received."
      I wonder if RPO would be able to do something about it, or shall i have to write a different application addressing to different PIO who can get me information from Police Department.

Thanks for all the info I have got so far on this site.

Best Regards.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy