News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
akhilesh yadav

Appoint new information commissioners in Tamil Nadu: PMK

akhilesh yadav

CHENNAI: The Paattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) on Sunday urged the Tamil Nadu government to appoint information commissioners in the state. The party also urged the government to initiate legal action against officers refusing to provide information under the RTI Act.

In a statement, PMK leader Dr S Ramadoss said the post of the chief commissioner and six commissioners in the Tamil Nadu State Information Commission (TNSIC) were lying vacant.

Read at: Appoint new information commissioners in Tamil Nadu: PMK - The Times of India

MANOJ B. PATEL

The PMK will hold a continuous slogan-shouting demonstration on June 22 demandingthe appointment of Chief Information Commissioners and Commissioners in The Tamil Nadu State Information Commission(TNSIC).

In a release here, PMK Founder-Leader S Ramadoss said he will personally lead the demonstration in Chennai on the day as thenon-functioning of the Commission had caused many harm.Read more at;

PMK demo on Jun 22 to demand CIC appointment

• Similar Content

• Raj7
      By Raj7
      Hi,
      After along search found this community, thanks for sharing RTI related info.
      I filed RTI application last month, My RTI application rejected by PIO with an answer "questions cannot be answered under RTI"
      I filed RTI application in "Tamil language" my RTI is regarding the procedure for registration of land in that area, PIO-sub registrer.

questions              1) இந்த கிராமத்தில் நிலம் வாங்க /விற்க வட்டாட்சியரின் அனுமதி பெற வேண்டுமா/ வேண்டாமா?
                                       2) இந்த கிராமத்தில் நிலம் வாங்க/ விற்க வட்டாட்சியரின் அனுமதி பெற வேண்டும் என அரசாணை உள்ளதா?

In english 1) is there any permission required from thasildar to buy/sell land in the village?
                         2) Are there any GO's available regarding permission required from thasildar to buy/sell land?

Kindly help should I redraft the application or go for first appeal?

Thanks
    • Aditi Roy Ghatak
      By Aditi Roy Ghatak
      Can someone please help me with the phone numbers and correct email IDs for the Information Comissioners in Assam and Karnataka. I need to invite them as speakers to a seminar on Right to Information being organised in Kolkata on February 3, 2007 by PUBLIC (People United for Better Living in Calcutta).

Aditi Roy Ghatak

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy