- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
The Ministry of External Affairs has issued a public notice on 30 May 2014 clearly stating that there
is no system in place for having any recogonised/authorised passport agents and warned the public about
MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
No. CPV/PMU/551/10/11 30 May, 2014
It has come to the Ministry’s notice that some private
portals/individuals have been claiming that they are ‘recognised
/authorised’ by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of
India, to extend passport assistance to the public.
The Ministry hereby makes it clear that the passport portal
(www.passportindia.gov.in) is the only Government portal offering
passport services to citizens within India. The portal is web-based
and can be accessed by anyone, anytime, anywhere for seeking
passport services. There is no system in place to
‘recognise/authorise’ any individual or any travel agency in this
regard in the country. Any one dealing with such fraudulent
portals/advertisers/claimants, will do so at his/her own risk and
This is probably a result of countless RTIs filed by me regarding "recogonised/authorised" agents.
Generally these were touts who acted in collusion with the RPO staff.
In fact the situation in Hyderabad RPO was so bad under the previous Passport Officer
that when an citizen applied for a passport, the "information" would be leaked to a
agent. The applicant would then get a call from the agent offering to expedite the process
on payment of money.
The RPO Hyderabad has now got a service desk manned by es serviceman who help
complete the application process - for a very small fee.
But we Indians are very smart.....the business of agents has now been taken over by
Internet Cafes....who help get people appointments in PSKs - also in collusion with the RPO staff
and sadly even the TCS staff.
By akhilesh yadav
In what could be termed as new hope for complete transparency in Public-Private-Partnership projects, the National Highway Authority started uploading on its website Online PIU Information System contents defined by the task force under Section 4 of RTI Act
Read detail: NHAI starts uploading PPP project details - Moneylife