Gabol2102

What I need to pay one year road tax in Hyderabad? (Out station bike)

Question

Gabol2102

Hello,

I am working in Hyderabad and want to bring my bike. What i need to pay one year road tax in Hyderabad? I contacted West Bengal RTO, they said if i take NoC from there my bike number will be changed to Hyderabad number. As i will be going back to West Bengal i dont want to change my bike number.

4 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear Member, your query does not relate to RTI Act to which this portal is dedicated.This portal do not supply any information, but only enable and guide our members to access information from government/public authorities by using RTI Act. You will not get any answers here to general doubts and requests for help in non RTI related matters.

jps50

Please visit:

TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH - INDIA AND TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA - INDIA.

In some states there is no need to change number if there is temporary transfer of vehicle for one year/six months etc. Hence you have to study vehicle transfer rules of the state where you want to transfer vehicle.

Prasad GLN

If you do not want to change your bike number at Kolkata, keep the vehicle in WB.

IF you wanted a bike, you must pay the taxes in Hyderabad and you may have to purchase new vehicle.

If you wanted to get your WB registered vehicle you must get NOC from concerned RTA/Police and then submit it at Hyderabad RTA, get it registered here by paying balance Life tax, get a new number and after the process file application for refund of tax at WB RTA.

There is no short cut method and to act as we like, when there is a stipulated law/directive.

karira

Members,

Stick to the main objective of the portal - RTI Act 2005

If you consider yourself competent about RTO matters and the MV Act, please put up a free stall at the RTO office and guide citizens !

Thread closed

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• mgopik
      By mgopik
      How do I apply for information under RTI to Hyderabad passport office. I went personally to the office to figure out, but there was only one "public relations officer" for whom there was a long queue. We were in the queue for 2 hours, but they closed the office and left quoting lunch time.

Is there any way I can apply for information under RTI to hyderabad passport office by post? If so, do I need to send a cheque/draft for some amount? I have applied for passport renewal 4 months back but havent got the passport yet.
    • mgopik
      By mgopik
      Hi..

Here is a success story which everybody can try in their respective localities to make their locality a better place. All it took was spend a total of about 3-4 hours in writing RTI requests and submitting.

Whitefields area in hyderabad (near hitec city) did not have street lights and a stretch of the road was pathetic. Using RTI, the following was acheived.

Roads
      28th July 2007: Filed the first RTI appln requesting information (how much money spent etc) on roads in the area.
      6th Sept 2007 : Road works completed by this time. Recieved a response to RTI application from GHMC.

Street lights
      28th July 2007: Filed the first RTI appln requesting information on street lighting in the area.
      Work was started by the municipality after a week or two of filing the application.
      6th Sept 2007: Response to RTI appln was given saying that the street lighting would be completed in another 15 days.
      Work stopped in about a week and it looked like they gave up on it.
      3rd Nov 2007: Filed another RTI application (refer to attachment rti-stlights-3rdNov.doc) asking for details on the status and delay.
      Again work started, cabling was done etc. But still not clear as to why it was taking time.
      Also, response to the RTI appln was not given withing 30 days which is actally manadatory under RTI act.
      22nd Dec 2007: Filed a first appeal on the RTI appln asking the PIO (public info officer) to respond to my application (attachment rti-appeal-22ndDec)
      22nd Dec 2007: Street lights turned on.
      4th Jan 2008 : Received response to my appeal.

I can provide the details (rti request and response letters) if anybody is interested.

There is enough money in the system to take care of all the basic needs. Most of it is even allotted. But unless we ask how much money is allotted, spent and ask for details, we will keep paying taxes and it all goes .. dont know where. Hence request everybody to do their bit in asking for information under RTI and help themselves and others in the process.

Once again, thanks to rtiindia.org for giving such a great forum for RTI.

Regards

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy