News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
devmewari

Education

Question

devmewari

Sir I just have completed my graduation in BA [political science] from sikkim manipal University DE from tezpur center. I wanna know weather my degree is valid or not as university has stopped offering ba program from Oct 2012.

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

There is a prescribed procedure and fee for verification of certificates / mark sheets in every University. Please follow that procedure and apply to the University as per that procedure. Moreover,

Visit the University or enquire from University authorities about the procedure and follow it.

(First search their website and find RTI Particulars and follow procedure of format and fee as stated in their website.

Prasad GLN

There are hundreds of posts on Sikkim Manipal University, and please search in the thread, and also find out from UGC website about such recognition (Both name of University and approved courses)

karira

Thread moved to Non RTI issues section of the portal.

Thread closed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      In our opinion no. Information which is forbidden by law or information of a nature, if disclosed, would defeat the provisions of any law or disclosure whereof is opposed to public policy, cannot be regarded as lawful and is to be ignored and no disclosure thereof can be made or directed to be made.- HC
      Once a purposive interpretation is given to Section 8, it will be found that information forbidden to be published [Section 8(1)(b)] and information available in fiduciary relationship [Section 8(1)(e)] is exempt.
      In our opinion, even though there is no express order of any court of law forbidding publication of marks [as is the want of Section 8(1)(b)] but the effect of bringing the regime of grades in place of marks and of dismissal of challenge thereto, is to forbid publication/disclosure of marks. Similarly, in the evaluation process prescribed by appellant, for guidance of its examiners, marks are only to arrive at a grade, perhaps as aforesaid to acquaint the examiners with the grading system and as a transitory stage in the shift from marks to grades.
    • firdaus
      By firdaus
      RTI was filed upon the State Education Board seeking a copy of the "Combined Marksheet" of Std-12 final Board exam results of a particular school. There is no doubt whatsoever that the information requested is maintained by the State Education Board. Despite this being so, to avoid giving information, the State Education Board transferred my RTI Application to the school. As the school has never ever furnished any information even in the past, there is no chance whatsoever that the school will furnish this information to me because it is going to expose a major scam.
      what recourse do I have in such a case where, the State Education Board "transfers" my application despite possessing the information themselves ?
      (1) should I file complaint with SIC U/s 18 against the PIO of the State Education Board ?
      (2) should I wait till the school replies/fails to supply the information and then go through the 1st Appeal and 2nd Appeal process and then upon still no info. Being supplied approach High court ?
      With the 2nd Appeals taking 18-24 months to come up for hearing, it appears that the authorities are abusing RTI Act to delay giving of information for at least 18-24 months !

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy