K. Aiswarya

To Know whether a EC has beem taken previously

Question

K. Aiswarya

Sr I want to know whether it is possible to find whether an EC ( Encumbrance Certificate) has been taken on a property in 2010

4 answers to this question

G.R.Vidyaranya

There is no great advantage in knowing if an EC was taken on any property in any year or not. If based on an EC you have made some financial transaction and now believe that it may have been fake, it is a different matter. It is better to take a fresh EC for longer period which will show the encumberance on the property for years before and after the required date. That said, it is possible to verify from the Sub Registrar's Office whether an EC was issued on so and so date. If you have the EC No. and exact date, the same can be verified.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

This portal is meant for only discussing issues related to the RTI Act 2005.

You will not get any help/guidance/answers for all types of requests and general queries.

karira
Sr I want to know whether it is possible to find whether an EC ( Encumbrance Certificate) has been taken on a property in 2010

Have you tried going to the Sub Registrars office and ask for this clarification ?

Thread moved to Non RTI issues section and closed.

koteswararaonerella

generally the banks and LIC who give loans on properties will ask for EC of 20 years back so that it will cover all the legal requirements. depending upon your requirement you can take EC from the SRO.