Prasad GLN

Record in a Library

Question

Prasad GLN

Hello,

Can some one seek and obtain old news item, advertisement as appearing in old news papers of 1960(their record) from SPIO of Library and get such certified copies under RTI. ?

11 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

R/Sir, it is very old record of 55 years ago but i will first inquire from librarians if they say it is available then i will file RTI application and let you know.

D.T.RATHAVA

no it is't possible

The stipulation of making available 20 year old records on request should be applicable only to those public records which need to be preserved for such a period. In respect of all other records, the period of availability will be limited to the period for which they should be preserved under the record keeping procedures.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear Rathava sir,

Kindly try to get it from chhotaudepur district also.

Prasad GLN

I got it traced from Library, and got it photographed through a mobile, and then done a fair copy, it is not valid in a Court of law, unless it is certified as such, and original paper is bind form in Library.

D.T.RATHAVA
Dear Rathava sir,

Kindly try to get it from chhotaudepur district also.

Hon/sir

no 20 years old Library in this district sir

D.T.RATHAVA

seek and obtain old news item, advertisement as appearing in old news papers

go to newspaper office and request i think it is best way than RTI

Prasad GLN

Hon DK Rathva.

Please suggest a practical way. Where are the News Papers office located ? Is it a Public Authority ?

Why should they oblige applicants, when even PIOs under RTI Act raise umpteen reasons for providing information for the file available on their table ?

The query is on State Library, and whether news papers are their records ?

MANOJ B. PATEL

Only concerned press who publish daily news paper preserve all old news papers for their personal interest to use in future. Libraries of government and of other Public Authorities are not interested to preserve old news papers and also retention period decided by authority is very short.

RAVEENA_O

If it is a Govt Library and if the record is held by the Library, then it is disclosable under RTI. In this case, since the record is held by the Library and you have photographed it, you can seek a certified true copy of the extract portion captioned "..................." or Page No. .... of ..................(name of news paper) dated .............. . There may not be RRS for archive records.

Please note that there is no stipulation of 20 years time limit for disclosure of any information. The proviso below Sec-8 only states that exempted records shall become disclosable after 20 years.

D.T.RATHAVA
Hon DK Rathva.

Please suggest a practical way. Where are the News Papers office located ? Is it a Public Authority ?

Why should they oblige applicants, when even PIOs under RTI Act raise umpteen reasons for providing information for the file available on their table ?

The query is on State Library, and whether news papers are their records ?

सर आपने वो न्युज पेेपर पढा है जीसकी आपको जरुरत है (I got it traced from Library, and got it photographed through a mobile, and then done a fair copy,)

उनसे पता कर लो की न्युज पेेपर आेफिस कहां है पता न्युज पेेपर मे होता हि है, न्युज पेेपर के पब्लिसींग मेनेजर को पत्र लिखके रीकवेस्ट किजीऐ आपको जीस तारीख का न्युज पेेपर चाहिऐ वो बताकर उनसे एपोईमेन्ट लिजीए । न्युज पेेपर प्रकाशक आर.टी.आइ. के दायरे मे नहि है फिर भी अपने वाचक को वो नाराज नहि करते सभी न्युज पेेपर प्रकाशक पुरानी कोपी अपने रेकर्ड के लीए रखते है

अगर सिर्फ वांचनालय के बारे मे जानकारी के लिऐ थ्रेड प्रकाशित कीया है तो में क्षमा चाहता हु मे मानता हु कि आप जैसे विधमान सर को ऐसी जानकारी पाने के लीऐ ऐ फारम के अभिप्राय कि जरुरत नहि है आप ऐ विषय मे काबिलेदाद है आभार ।

Prasad GLN

Congratulations. For you have a find an employee in a News paper that can trace and provide a copy of 54 years record. Just try from a news paper and let that employee be honoured for his commitment.

Thanks for enlightening me on the subject.