Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Want to know RTI PROCESS



I suspect one guy took admission to law education based on fake university degree but I don’t know form where he taken fake degree. can I know it from his colleague or university if yes then how.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi SandipA and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.


You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]


PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.


SandipA here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:


1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/


Thank You!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If you are sure about the fake degree, you can file a complaint with the University where he registered for the law degree with fake graduation degree.


The University will verify and take action.


IOf there is no action from the side of the University within 3 months, then file a RTI to know the progress on your complaint.


- - - Updated - - -


If you are sure about the fake degree, you can file a complaint with the University where he registered for the law degree with fake graduation degree.


The University will verify and take action.


If there is no action from the side of the University within 3 months, then file a RTI to know the progress on your complaint.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

You can file application to concerned law college and seek information on the name of University and regd. no, year of certificate of the student's graduation certificate.

Then find out from that University as to whether that name and number was appearing in their register in that year.

I do not think that there is personal invasion, as you are only asking for basic information and as documents are not held by them in fiduciary capacity.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • karira
      By karira
      The Ministry of External Affairs has issued a public notice on 30 May 2014 clearly stating that there
      is no system in place for having any recogonised/authorised passport agents and warned the public about
      such agents:
      No. CPV/PMU/551/10/11 30 May, 2014
      It has come to the Ministry’s notice that some private
      portals/individuals have been claiming that they are ‘recognised
      /authorised’ by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of
      India, to extend passport assistance to the public.
      The Ministry hereby makes it clear that the passport portal
      (www.passportindia.gov.in) is the only Government portal offering
      passport services to citizens within India. The portal is web-based
      and can be accessed by anyone, anytime, anywhere for seeking
      passport services. There is no system in place to
      ‘recognise/authorise’ any individual or any travel agency in this
      regard in the country. Any one dealing with such fraudulent
      portals/advertisers/claimants, will do so at his/her own risk and
      This is probably a result of countless RTIs filed by me regarding "recogonised/authorised" agents.
      Generally these were touts who acted in collusion with the RPO staff.
      In fact the situation in Hyderabad RPO was so bad under the previous Passport Officer
      that when an citizen applied for a passport, the "information" would be leaked to a
      agent. The applicant would then get a call from the agent offering to expedite the process
      on payment of money.
      The RPO Hyderabad has now got a service desk manned by es serviceman who help
      complete the application process - for a very small fee.
      But we Indians are very smart.....the business of agents has now been taken over by
      Internet Cafes....who help get people appointments in PSKs - also in collusion with the RPO staff
      and sadly even the TCS staff.
    • nnnjoe7
      By nnnjoe7
      I had a Chevrolet Aveo UV-A car registered in Koramangala, Bangalore in Aug 2008, which was transferred to Aluva, Kerala and re-registered there in July 2012. Since then I have been pursuing the road tax refund from RTO, Koramangala. It took more than a year to organise all the required documents by RTO, Koramangla to process the refund. Finally in Jan 2014 I got an acknowledgement admitting my claim and was asked to report after two weeks. Since then I have been periodically visiting the office only to be given another date and excuse. Finally when I thought it was almost through, the officer processing it informed me that the process note indicates the requirement of the original tax paid receipt. When I had stated that it is endorsed in the RC book, they said that will not do. On meeting one of the Joint RTOs I was advised to remit a fee and collect a certificate from the concerned section that such an amount was paid on that day. This procedure took another 10 days which the clerk concerned reluctantly did, grumbling about its necessity. When I had gone to enquire about it he told me that he had a helluva time finding the old register where it was recorded. Though the certificate was ready I had to get it signed by an officer called the HQ Assistant, who at that time was not in his seat. When he had come I was given this huge register and a another book to be carried to his room, who then questioned me again on the requirement of such a certificate in a manner that sounded like I had committed a serious mistake of not preserving the original tax paid receipt. Finally the certificate was signed and I carried it happily to the section officer handling the refund only to be told that I will have to come another day. I went there again after 10 days. This time the excuse was that it will take another 10 days for process. Since my patience was wearing out I used the contacts of a friend to talk to an officer in the Office. He was kind enough to come over from another department and personally go through my file. On going through it he told be that it has been audited and the amount will be released within a week. I promptly went there after a week, but the officer concerned just glanced at me and disappeared. Again I had contacted my friend, who on enquiry with the contact at the RTO informed me that the request is pending with the Treasury and that I will be informed over phone when it will be ready. It is now nearing 6 months after the claim was admitted. Kindly let me know what procedure I should follow to air my grievance and get it redressed at the earliest.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy