News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Raej

Ration card, Adding wife name with my name as second name

Question

Raej

Hello,

Last week, I added my wife name into our ration card. I gave them the original removal certificate obtained from her previous residence, and our marriage certificate. But they added as 'Yyy S' where 'S' is the starting letter of her father. Actually I wanted to add as 'Yyy R' where 'R' is the starting letter of my name. How to do it? In futre I want to change it to 'Yyy R'.

thanks for your reply,

Raj.

PS: We live in Tamil Nadu (Chengalpatu Taluk)

5 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Kindly file application to make correction in name.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Raej

Hello Manoj,

What papers should I need to show them?

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, in your marriage certificate if there is R and not S it is sufficient and no more documents are required to enclose with application but mention every thing in detail in your application.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

Whether it is R or S it is not going to become a problem. Wife is entitled to get either R or S and it is not a problem to her or to Govt. Do it after opening a Bank account or having AADHAR or some other certificate that shows your surname.

karira

Go to your local Ration shop or the Civil Supplies department and they will tell you how to change the name.

Thread moved to Non RTI issues section of the portal and closed.