prince393

Name correction in EPF record

Question

prince393

Hello Sir,

I had employed at Pro-Interactive Services, Malviya Nagar, Delhi. from July 2012 to Dec 2013. in between they are deducted PF from my salary and allot a PF No. now, that PF No. showing someone other name instead of my name and i'm requesting to them from last one n half year for correct it but they are not entertained. please suggest me, what should i do now..??

Regards,

Kuldeep Singh

Mob - xxxxx (not permitted on open forum boards)

Edited by RAVEENA_O

2 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

There are three issues involved -

[1] whether the previous employer had actually opened the PF account and remitted the deductions to your account;

[2] whether there is mistake in the name of PF account holder and if so,

[3] how and when the mistake cropped up?

Now file a detailed representation to the EPFO concerned stating that I was employed with Pro-Interactive Services, Malviya Nagar, Delhi. from July 2012 to Dec 2013 and that they had deducted EPF subscription of Rs. ................. from my salary every month during above period, which was purported to be remitted to my EPF Account no. ............by the said company, whereas I found that the said EPF account is not opened in my name. The said company had thus indulged in unfair practices and falsely given me EPF A/c number which was not opened in my name and siphoned the money deducted from my salary towards EPF deduction. Attach maximum documents in support of your employment with that company such as appointment letter, salary slip, ID card, or copies of internal directions and instructions given to you during employment etc.

Seek an investigation and direct the company to credit the amount in my PF account opened by them with EPFO. PF investigation is a headache for the company.

After a month or so file RTI Application with the CPIO of EPFO and seek the -

[1] Certified copy of the Note sheet containing notings by various officials and decision of competent authority on my representation / complaint dated ................ with regard to non-remittance of EPF subscription deducted from my salary.

[2] Certified copy of the Investigation Report including the findings drawn by the investigation officer on my representation / complaint dated .............

[3] Certified copy of the Note sheet containing notings by various officials and decision of competent authority on the investigation report and findings arising out of my representation / complaint dated ................ with regard to non-remittance of EPF subscription deducted from my salary.

[4] Please inform me the name, designation and office address of the officer conducted investigation on my above representation / complaint dated ...........

[5] Certified copy of the document indicating action taken against the defaulting company for breach of the provisions of the Act and Rules.