ajay1164

petrol allowence to physically challenge psu bank officer

Question

ajay1164

Hello,

I’m physically challenged officer in psu bank. As per agreement between union and bank the only officer will be reimbursed the petrol allowance for official duty who have a valid driving licence and registration of vehicle in their name. Due to disability I cannot ride the two wheeler or four wheeler that’s why I have no driving licence. I used auto rickshaw for official duty by sitting beside the driver. Our manager has also certified that I cannot move without auto. I requested the management to reimburse me the petrol allowance by special provision as it is exceptional and extraordinary case. Ministry of social justice has also instructed the bank management to consider the case and pay but they declined it. Now what should I do ?

13 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

Kindly make a representation/complaint in detail to the Ministry of social justice with a copy to the GM/Manager of the bank. Wait for say 15 days and then file a RTI application to seek information on the action taken status of your complaint by referring to the blog on the following link (enclose along with such a RTI application, a photocopy of the complaint as well as the postal track report as a proof of delivery of your complaint.)

https://app.box.com/s/hcuhkwein4m95jttabjd

RAVEENA_O

You must approach court. There must be equality before law. While a set of law is framed for grant petrol allowance to normal employees who can drive a vehicle themselves, the same allowance cannot be denied to a physically challenged person who uses the services of a driver. On the other hand, the PH employee must be paid more amount to compensate for his inability to drive a vehicle but to engage a driver for this purpose. There should not be discrimination on the basis of physical disability.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Yes, W.P. is costly and time consuming process but result will be positive but if you will file a representation/ complaint as suggested in post No.2 and if no action taken by the authority your W.P. will be very strong. Sometime high court directs the petitioner to approach the authority.

ajay1164

Pl explain me W.P

RAVEENA_O

W.P is writ petition under Article 226 (& 227) of the Constitution of India. It is always proceeded by legal Notice to the authorities in clear language giving them reasonable time to act.

No lawyer shall file a WP without issuing legal notice. You may consult a good lawyer practicing in Service Matters and proceed according to his advice. When the right of an individual is affected or abridged, he cannot just remain as a silent spectator, suffering recurring loss of legitimate allowance.

MANOJ B. PATEL

If light remedies cure the evil, don't use poison.

RAVEENA_O
If light remedies cure the evil, don't use poison.

In this case the tripartite agreement does not make a provision, the rules laid down by the management does not have a provision, the management totally refused to grant the allowance to the PH employee, then what light remedy you can suggest which can cure the problem? What effective light remedy you suggest?

Prasad GLN

Hon.Manoj might have given an advice that for petty expenses, it is not worth fighting with a management with all disabilities, as managements may not take such issues lightly and they got their own victimisation methods. Instead of taking up his individual fight, he can either get the list of all such PH employees in the Bank through RTI Application to HRD, and together they may file Writ through their Unions, which have crores of rupees at their disposal.

(I feel that Hon Manoj is of the opinion that present comfort levels are more for member when compared such petty petrol allowance in general and take it lightly as he was one among several such candidates in all Banks)

The issue is too sensitive to prolong for further discussions as no further RTI is involved and it is in between employer and employee.Any concession establishes it as a precedent in the organisation or in entire industry.

karira

Thread moved to NON RTI issues section of the portal.

Sunil Ahya

You can do a couple of things simultaneously:

> You may write a complaint letter to Ministry of Social Justice drawing their attention that the Management of XXXX PSU Bank has disregarded their directive / recommendatory letter dated: XXXX, and as such, on compassionate grounds and as fellow human beings, you would appreciate their further intervention / directive in the matter.

Wait for say 15 / 30 days, and then file a RTI application with the PIO of Ministry of Social Justice to seek information on the action taken on your Complaint Dated: XXXX. Enclose a photocopy of the complaint filed earlier along with its postal proof of delivery (i.e. online speed / registered post track report).

> At the same time you may also file a RTI application with the PIO of PSU Bank and seek the following information:

Description of Information Required:

Please provide a certified photocopy of the following information / documents:

Standing order
of your Public Authority PSU Bank XXXX made under The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, wherein has been noted the procedure for Grievance Redressal of a Bank employee.

2. Please provide a certified photocopy any other Rules, Regulations, Circular, Policy, Guidelines, Government Resolution (GR), Office Memorandum, Provision in an Act or any other such provisions in a law for the time being in force, wherein has been noted the criteria & procedure for Grievance Redressal of a Bank employee, applicable to your Public Authority.

3. Similarly ..

Once you receive the information on the Grievance Redressal procedure, kindly file a complaint with the concerned department / officer for redressal of non-compliance of the directive / recommendatory letter of the Ministry of Social Justice.

If the concerned Grievance Redressal Officer does not address your problem, then keep escalating your grievance to the next Appellate Authority on the basis of 'what procedure to follow' information provided in the standing order or rules or regulations, obtained under RTI.

ganpat1956

Besides the various remedies suggested by other members, I also request you to get in touch with Shri Kodakkal Shivaprasad, who is also a differently-abled officer in a PSU bank and he has been actively espousing the cause of physically challenged employees in various organisations for the last several years. Incidentally, he is also a member of our portal, though not active here nowadays. He can be easily contacted by sending a message on his facebook page in the same name. He will be in a better position to guide you appropriately.

Edited by ganpat1956
  • Like 1

KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD
On 7/13/2015 at 11:12 PM, ganpat1956 said:

Besides the various remedies suggested by other members, I also request you to get in touch with Shri Kodakkal Shivaprasad, who is also a differently-abled officer in a PSU bank and he has been actively espousing the cause of physically challenged employees in various organisations for the last several years. Incidentally, he is also a member of our portal, though not active here nowadays. He can be easily contacted by sending a message on his facebook page in the same name. He will be in a better position to guide you appropriately.

Alternatively can connect me in my WhatsApp number 9482533747

KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD
On 7/13/2015 at 11:12 PM, ganpat1956 said:

Now my network is www.kodakkal.wordpress.com