News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Sajib Nandi

New Delhi: People have right to know bureaucratic machinery roadblocks: CIC

Sajib Nandi

In a terse order, Central Information Commission has ordered the Centre to disclose communication exchanged between the PMO and DoPT on Haryana whistleblower Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi who has allegedly been harassed by different governments.

Information Commissioner Sridhar Acharyulu rejected the contention of Ministry of Environment and Forests, that it was a personal information exempted from disclosure under the RTI Act, after speaking to Chaturvedi over phone who said he did not have objections to the disclosure of records.

Read more at: People have right to know bureaucratic machinery roadblocks: Central Information Commission - The Economic Times

Prasad GLN

This is the way how ICs should function in transparent manner without fear and favour. The decision is exemplary, though it might have been backing of the officer indirectly. (to me it appears)

MANOJ B. PATEL

NEW DELHI: Slamming the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) for denying information on Haryana whistleblower Indian Forest Service officer Sajiv Chaturvedi, who has allegedly been harassed by different governments, the CIC said people have the right to information about working of or obstruction to both the political executive and bureaucratic machinery.

The Central Information Commission (CIC) also asked the Centre to disclose complete communications between the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) regarding Chaturvedi as sought by RTI applicant Subhash Chandra Agrawal.

The MoEF had earlier denied information on the ground that it was personal information exempted from disclosure under the RTI Act.Read more at;

CIC Slams MoEF for Denying Information on IFS Officer - The New Indian Express

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

Sanjeev Chaturvedi is just like a son to me and I have bought many a battles of his and others along with him. He is the last person on the Earth who would do anything on sly. His life is very transparent. Infact, Sanjeev did not pick the phone and I told him (incidentally we were together) that the number on his phone belongs to so so and as such he picked up the phone and after that conversation is in public domain.

Setting the records straight Sir,

Regards

harinder dhingra

Prasad GLN

But, Same credit should also be given to concerned Hon IC who has the courtesy to speak to him, though it is not necessary and he can dispose the case denying information that PIO has not followed third party procedure. I feel that many things can not be achieved single handed without a TEAM support, influence and faith in the applicant about his credentials. But unfortunately this is not within reach of common man.

harinder dhingra

Most Certainly Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

The CREDIT goes to Hon'ble IC Mr SA and I mentioned that in my last hearing before him.

He is doing excellent JOB.

hd

MANOJ B. PATEL

NEW DELHI: Asserting that people have a right to information about obstructions to political executive and bureaucratic machinery and their working, CIC has held that such records must be disclosed even if they attract exemption clauses because of larger public interests.

In a terse order, Central Information Commission has ordered the Centre to disclose communication exchanged between the PMO and DoPT on Haryana whistleblower Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi who has ..

Read more at:

People have right to know bureaucratic machinery roadblocks: Central Information Commission - The Economic Times

MANOJ B. PATEL

CHANDIGARH: The Central Information Commission has rapped public information officers of the Union ministry of environment and forests for not supplying information to an RTI activist about the harassment of whistleblower IFS Sanjiv Chaturvedi during the Congress regime in Haryana. The commission in its order, dated July 9, has asked the ministry to provide para-wise reply to RTI applicant Subhash Aggarwal.

A 2002-batch IFS officer of Haryana cadre, Chaturvedi had faced 12 transfers, 2 chargesheets and 3 criminal cases after he exposed many irregularities in Haryana forest department between 2005 and 2010.Read more at;

CIC pulls up Centre for not giving information on Chaturvedi - The Times of India

Prasad GLN

Now compare the same decision given by same IC in to-days posts on invoking Third party information .

harinder dhingra

Sir,

Inconsistency is the word. Not with this Hon'ble IC but with others also. You remember one case of undersigned where personal information of JC Customs was allowed and denied for another at the same hearing having the same CPIO, same matter (information sought in both cases were not similar BUT SAME).

Another IC of CIC did not give information to very renowned RTI Activist of Gurgaon but was provided to undersigned.(same rti was filed in two applicants name). May be I looked "bichara".

In another case of Punjab SIC, I was told to concentrate on Delhi, Haryana and information was denied for want of follow-up by undersigned but another RTI applicant got it using undersigned RTI application by changing the applicant & contact details.

Sir, like in SC & HC, the face value matters in ALL Information Commissions. SADLY THOUGH.

hd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy