Anand Shivam

Delay in passport delivery

Question

Anand Shivam

Hello,

How much time it takes for passport to get delivered after police verification in bangalore? Anyone who received recently...please answer.

3 answers to this question

karira

Thread moved to Non RTI issues section of the forum.

Prasad GLN

Rush of PPO differs from office to Office. But find out from the portal the usual time frame fixed for issuing of passport and if it is delayed beyond time then file RTI Application to CPIO with Indian Postal Order For Rs.10/- fvg Accounts Officer, PPO payable at .....office and seek information on two points.

1)Time fixed for issuing pass port as per time frame norms under Citizen charter.

2)Specific reasons for delay in issuing passport application dt....and name of the officer who is negligent in disposing the issue as per laid down norms.

If you fail to receive information within a month, issue a notice under CP Act for deficiency of services under CP Act and demand compensation of Rs.10,000/ for unnecessary harassment.

(Police verification is not a criterion now, as most of them uploaded that process also, and there may be delay due to lack of stationary, work pressures and less staff. Wait for reasonable time and do not be over anxious, if you do not have immediate necessity, as next time they may pose problems on silly issues as retaliation)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• antarikshtyagi
      By antarikshtyagi
      dear members
      i have not recived my passport after one and half year or application. now i want to appeal through my rti
      please tell me d procedure
    • vandanaarora2k
      By vandanaarora2k
      Despite easier rules to obtain a passport, my case has been(and is) a nightmarish one.

Two previous applications to the Bareilly Passport Office(one in 2000, the other in 2003), yielded no passports, because I was studying in Delhi, and address verification at my Dehra Dun home couldn't get done(although I did reach home both times to do the needful - read going to the SHO in Doon valley, meeting travel agents of various kinds, etc.)

Now I need a tatkal passport as I need to travel from office to Canada.
      Several trips to the Delhi RPO yield nothing but tears(on my end, that is).
      The problem, you might ask - the Delhi RPO wants a letter / fax from the Bareilly office, saying they have closed the applications.

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

But it is anything but that, believe me.

The Bareilly people say they have destroyed all documents. And won't give me this in writing.

To my question as to whether I can apply afresh, without mentioning my previous applications, they have this to say,"do saal ka imprisonment hain, madam. Dekh lijiye."

Do any of you have any idea what can be done in this case?

Should I consult a legal expert? any suggestions who?

The RTI link on the passport site is under construction.

Pretty convenient, isn't it?

I need some answers here.

Do help.

Thanks.

Vandana

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy