News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
akhilesh yadav

HC notice to Army for not giving details to failed candidate

akhilesh yadav

CHANDIGARH: The Punjab and Haryana high court on Thursday issued a notice to the Army's Ambala recruiting office for denying a copy of the answersheet and the merit list to an aspirant of soldier's post under the RTI Act. Disappointed after not getting selected into the Army, despite performing well in the examination, the candidate had sought copies of his answersheet and the merit list relating to the written test for recruitment.

Read more at: HC notice to Army for not giving details to failed candidate - The Times of India

• Similar Content

• Mpapreja
      By Mpapreja
      I have been implicated in false case under IPC 279. I want to prove that I was not present at accident site at the time of accident. For doing so, I need to know my location detail on the basis of outgoing call made from my mobile (provided to be my pvt. Co.) which was made just 5 minutes before the accident time.

Can I get my location detail on the basis of outgoing call made from my mobile (to safeguard my position in court) under RTI? Please help.
    • karira
      By karira
      As reported by IANS in sify.com on 21 January 2011:
      RTI Awards presented in Delhi

RTI Awards presented in Delhi

New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) From a sports teacher to widow of a slain cop, five people from various walks of life were felicitated here Thursday for effective use of the Right to Information Act.

The winners, including Vinita Kamte, widow of Mumbai Police officer Ashok Kamte who was killed in the Nov 26, 2008 Mumbai terrorist attack, were shortlisted from 726 applications received by the jury appointed by non-governmental organisation Public Cause Research Foundation, set up by RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal.

The jury included Infosys chief mentor N.R. Narayana Murthy, former chief justice of India J.S. Verma, former chief election commissioner J.M. Lyngdoh and journalist Madhu Trehan.

Manoj Kumar Karwasra, a sports teacher in Hisar district of Haryana, filed several RTI applications to expose how government land had been encroached by the panchayat members themselves.

'I have great feeling now. It will boost my morale,' Karwasra told IANS.

Mahiti Adhikar Gujarat Pahel, a helpline service for RTI queries which was launched in May 2006 and claims that it has received more than 60,000 calls till now, was one of the winners.

Sadhna Pandya, coordinator of helpline, said the award will increase their responsibility.

'We receive calls from across the country in various languages,' she said.

Athar Shamsi, an advocate from Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, was also honoured for fighting for the rights of the beedi workers who were not being paid their full wages by factory owners.

The workers were allegedly paid just Rs.27-34 per thousand beedis made, as against the minimum wage of Rs.60.

The other winners of the Best RTI Citizen award were Ramesh Kumar Verma from Haryana and Rajan Savlo Ghate from Goa. The Best RTI Journalist award went to Saikat Dutta of Outlook for exposing a Rs.2,500 crore-scam in rice exports.

Pradeep Kumar from Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh received the Best Public Information Officer award.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy