News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
harinder dhingra

Gurgaon Private Schools built on HUDA land are not providing MANDATED 20% seats to EWS/BPL students

harinder dhingra

Through the RTI, I found out that schools which are built on concessional HUDA land in Gurgaon are not providing 20% free seats to EWS/BPL students.

It is to inform you that all schools which are build/made on HUDA land are suppose to provide 20% seats to students belonging to EWS/BPL families. They have to advertise the same in newspapers which they are not doing.

I am enclosing Government Circular, RTI application, DEEO reply to you also.

Harinder Dhingra

Following is the copy of undersigned letter to CM through CM Window: QUOTE

To, Dated 12th August 2015

Hon’ble Sh. Manohar Lal Khattar,

Chief Minister of Haryana, Chandigarh

Sub: Complaint through Chief Minister Window: Regarding flouting of norms/law/directions by Private Schools build on HUDA land in Gurgaon,awarding admission of EWS/BPL students as per HUDA/Government policy

Sir,

My name is Harinder Dhingra S/o Late Sh. Sunder Lal Dhingra, R/o D-4 A/7 DLF Phase 01, Gurgaon-122002. I am a RTI & Human Rights activist and an Indian citizen. I am lodging the following complaint in larger public interest.

Sir,I draw your attention to Memo number 8/27-2013 PS(3) dated 31st March 2015 which provides information of mechanism for implementing the provisions of Rule 134 A of Haryana School Education Rules 2003 in which the procedure to allot seats to children belonging to EWS/BPL students is provided. I reproduce the same below:

QUOTE “ A. All private Schools must indicate their tentative vacancies to the extent of 10% of current sanctioned strength of their respective schools. In case of Schools built or situated on HUDA land, the reservation would be 20%” UNQUOTE.

Sir, the information received through RTI application filed by undersigned provides the following figures of poor/EWS/BPL students getting education in the schools built on HUDA land in Gurgaon:

Total Students EWS Students %

1) Chiranjiv Bharti School, 280 13 4.64%

Sushant Lok-I

2) Excelsior American School 270 00 0%

Sushant Lok

3) St Angles School (Middle) 230 03 1.30%

Sector-45

4) Xion International Convent 294 00 00%

School, Sector-5

5) Sant Memorial Middle School 280 42 15%

Sector-17

6) Euro International School 605 Not provided even after 45 calls made by District ElementryEducation Officer, Gurgaon

7) Gyan Devi Middle School, 439 18 4.10%

Sector-10

8) Sucheta Memorial Public School, Sector-5 & Daya Nand Adarsh Middle School, Sectro-4, Gurgaon are providing mandated 20% seats to EWS/BPL students.

As per information provided under RTI act 2005 by DEEO, Gurgaon there are total 27 Schools built on HUDA land which makes it mandatory on these Schools to provide free education to 20% of the total strength of students belonging to EWS/BPL families and for balance 18 Schools, the information is also being collected by undersigned through RTI Act.

Sir, It is humbly prayed that strictest action be taken against these delinquent Schools as per HUDA/Government policy prevailing as on date.

I am enclosing the copies of RTI replies/correspondences on which the above complaint is based.

Hon’ble Chief Minister Sir, I have done my bit by reporting the major violation with proofs by these schools without having any iota of interest and now it is up-to you to show the world that law is equal to everyone in Haryana.

Thanking You,

Yours truly

Harinder Dhingra

RTI_dated_9_April_2015__DEO0001.pdf

Reply_from_DEO0001.pdf