Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Water supply from Municipality tap stopped since few days and authorities not paying attention.....



Hi all,


Please help me with my queries and guide me. Thank you.


Water supply in our municipal connection has stopped since almost more than 45 days. We filed complaint about the same on 24/08/2015. No personnel from water resources department of Nandurbar Municipal corporation came to address the problem, instead they are asking us to try various things to sort the problem, including hiring plumber and bear the labor cost for the same. Even again on 03/09/2015 I visited Nandurbar municipality and raised the issue and they were again saying to file complaint, which I did. Even chief officer of Nandurbar Municipal corporation is evasive and says there is not definite time line for addressing such issues.


Now I've questions as in what are my rights as tax payer to get this problem resolved?

What role does Municipality have to solve this problem?

Who is responsible to bear the cost of plumber and labor to sort this issue?

I feel that Municipality people are trying to exploit me and not fulfilling their duties?


Please guide me about my rights, whom and where to approach for redressal of my complaint, what kind of questions to frame for filing RTI application and to whom...... Thank you.

Edited by RAVEENA_O

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

RTI is useful only to seek and obtain information held by the public authorities. It is not a tool to settle grievances or force the public authority to do things as you like.


If you need water, please get the work done as advised by them.


Where is your councilor? What is he doing? Why he/she is not taking up the issue with municipal authorities? Where is your MLA? All these people are there with an assurance of Accha Din and now you know what they really meant!


Make a detailed representation to the CEO of the Municipality and after 15 days, file RTI Application and seek the -


[1] certified copy of the note sheet indicating notings by various officials and decision of competent authority on your representation dated ............ regarding non-restoration of water supply to your residence inspite of repeated complaints and visits to municipal office.


[2] Name, designation and office / work place address of Officer(s) and staff responsible for attending the complaint and restoration of water supply to your residence inspite of repeated complaints and visits to municipal office.


[3] Certified copy of the citizens' charter indicating the time frame stipulated for restoration of water supply to your residence after receiving complaints.


Maharashta RTI Rues, Fee and Format shall apply: CENTRAL / STATE RTI RULES - GUIDE


For further guidance, please read:





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

File application under Life and Liberty clause as drinking water is bare human necessity. You may also issue registered notice to Commissioner for restoring the water supply and bring negligence and deficiency of Municipality and the suffering and harassment given to you by Municipality.

Every Municipality must have a citizen charter, have a specified time frame for addressing grievances, and if you have lodged on line or direct /phone grievance, it helps you in pinning down the Municipality for their negligence.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy