News Ticker
Himanshu Ratan

Is Diploma Engg equivalent Intermediate 10+2?

Question

Himanshu Ratan

I passed 10 after Diploma and pursuing b.tech in civil Engg also Diploma in civil Engg from govt polytechnic moradabad

I want to know That

Diploma is equivalent in require 10+2 or Intermediate please help me sir I am really very confused

It will be very kind of me for helping..

13 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Once you have secured admission, why you are getting a doubt.

If it is not equivalent with intermediate, how they can provide you admission to B.Tech.

Just ask your Professors or file RTI application to AICTE with Rs.10/0 Indian postal order. There is no format and it is just sufficient if you can provide your postal address and the query.

Information solicited:

Please provide me the laid down norm/circular/notification that Diplima in Engineering is equal to Intermediate for securing admission in degree courses.

(You may add as many queries as possibe. Send Application by Regd. Post. This may already be available in AICTE website. Search their website for more information including RTI)

Himanshu Ratan

I have written 3nov but not reply ...

Himanshu Ratan

I have doubt because many job exam I try related 12 equivalence how prove I can that it is equal 12th

Prasad GLN

If you have sought that information in the form of application seeking information under RTI from UGC, definitely, you will be receiving response from UGC before 8th Dec,2015. Have patience till that time. If you fail to receive response, you can file first appeal on deemed denial and expect authenticated information through certified copy of notification from UGC and you need not prove this to any one, and can just show the notification.

RAVEENA_O

3 years diploma in Engineering is considered as an acceptable qualification for the purpose of getting admission in 2nd year BE or appearing for JEE for admission in 1st year BE. However, it is not an equivalent qualification to 10+2.

When a qualification is considered as equivalent to another, it works in both way. Eg if DCE is considered as equivalent to HSC (10+2), then all those who passed HSC needs to be considered as equivalent to DCE and become eligible for appointment as Civil Engineers. That is not correct. Most of the syllabus in HSC (Maths and Chemistry ) are not taught to Engg Diploma Holders. Similarly, most of the Engg subjects are not covered by HSC. Some syllabus of Maths and physics of HSC is covered in Diploma. Other than that, there is no similarity in syllabus and course and therefore both these qualifications cannot be considered as equal.

Himanshu Ratan

Mam why I have taken admission in B.tech that is equal graduate when ,the qualification for it 12th and Diploma .Diploma student take admission in lateral entry

Himanshu Ratan

Some talk it is equal ,someone talk not what is this

Is this Rti ...

RAVEENA_O

For graduation one has to do 10+2+3 years of study. For diploma it is 10+3. For later entry in engineering stream the study shall be 10+2+4 (+2 entry) and 10+3+3 (diploma entry).

Prasad GLN

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens in seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act, if you want authentic information, you have been advised to seek such information from either UGC or AICTE. Instead of doing a simple thing on your own, when members try to guide you to some extent, you express your resentment in the forum, which is not proper.

Please file RTI Application and seek such information from UGC or AICTE, if your professors and other College administration failed to guide and reason with you.

Himanshu Ratan

Thank sir

Himanshu Ratan

I have completed B.tech After 10+ Engg Diploma.

I want to know in Uttar Pradesh up constable job is required 12/equivalent qualification . can I apply for it.

Please confirm me with correct infor.. Thank very much..

Prasad GLN

Some say it is equal and some say No. It is always proper to file application to concerned AICTE and seek information from them, as their response is Authentic. There is no format for application. Just enclose RTI fee of Rs.10/- Indian Postal order fvg.Accounts Officer, AICTE and seek one sentence information.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me copy of extract or laid down norm/notification stating that 10 + Engg diploma is equal to 10 +2.

(To me it is minimum qualification and when you are graduate the presumption is that you are qualified more than the eligibility)

Himanshu Ratan

Thank a lot