News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
sameerpunkar

How to Get Info & complaint using RTI/RTS

How to complaint with RTI & STI at Maharashtra State Regional transport Corporation (MSRTC).  

1. 1. How to complaint with RTI & STI at Maharashtra State Regional transport Corporation (MSRTC).

sameerpunkar

Dear Sirs,

How to make a complaint using RTI in Maha State regional transport corp.( Govt of Maha enterprise) ?

I am from rural area & the from which i travel daily is last ferry on the route & no other mode of transport available. many times Obstinate drivers do not halt on that stop despite of it is official stop.

I have submitted a written complaint to depot manager 2-3 times. they skip it on pretext that they will take strong action.

When I personally visited & Enquired about it, they to;d when we listen to drivers side he will say yes i have stopped bus & wont accept his fault so no action possible. & no doubt i can make video of this :p

I have sought info using RTI on departmental discipline & duties/responsibilities & action against may taken against him but suffers due lack of evidence.

Please Suggest....

Thanks

Sameer

sameerpunkar

Sir

Basically I am from rural area & avail bus service of MSRTC. I take bus which is last ferry on said route & no other public transport is available on this route.

Few times bus driver/conductor do not halt bus at all stops though official stops. Leads inconvenience to me as well as public. Mostly labors & illiterate public travel on this route, so no one opts for complaint & all.

I have submitted written complaint to their office many times. They pretext to take serious action but it keeps happening.

I filed RTI to seek info about duties of concern staff & what disciplinary action can be taken against odds.

On asking about what action taken against culprits of my complaint they tell me of the record that, when staff will be inquired about it staff will say yes I stopped bus & due to lack of evidence no action can be taken against them. More to this these staff have union related to political parties (indirectly they scare me to be quiet).

What can be done to eradicate such with RTI & STI?

Your suggestion is highly important me.

Thanking you for your best cooperation in this regard.

Regards

Sameer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prasad GLN

Under RTI you can only seek information under RTI Act but it is not a final remedy. Make a joint and collective memorandum from the village including Village panchayat to MSRT , mark it a copy to MLA and MP. and specifically pray for installation of a Sign Board for MSRT Halt/stop.

Once if this is done, you can make driver accountable for his negligence by providing date, time and such Bus that failed to make a halt inspite of a request stop board.

RAVEENA_O

It is the general rule that "customer is always right" and MSRTC is required to act on your complaint. A customer shall not lodge a complaint just for the fun of it. Every customer complaint is required to be acted by the authorities concerned. It cannot evade action against the erring drivers merely based on the driver's statement.

Since the Depot Manager failed to take action against the driver, you may send detailed complaint and inaction of Depot Manager to the Chairman, Maharashtra Vahatuk Bhavan, Dr. Anandrao Nair Marg, Mumbai Central, Mumbai 400 008 for

jps50

In addition to above you may file RTI with MSRTC seeing following information:

1. Day to day action taken on my complaint dated _____ [photocopy enclosed] with names and designations of officers who took action.

2. Certified photocopy of explanation if any submitted by driver/conductor,

3.Present status of said complaint and issue raised therein.

4. Procedure to be followed for changing driver/conductor of this bus-route

5. File notings on my said complaint

6. Number of complaints received against driver and conductor of bus route stated in complaint in last 3 years ending 31-12-2015

7. Reasons on record for not stopping bus at _________stop.

8. NameS, designationS and office addresses with email IDs of all officers to whom I can scale up this issue within MSRTC.

RTS will not be useful or applicable to such a problem.

Sunil Ahya

Have you made a written complaint and have received a written response from them ?

sameerpunkar
Have you made a written complaint and have received a written response from them ?

Dear Sunil Sir,

Thanks for response.

Yes I have made a written complaint in past as well as this one. & also taken receipt of the same. But no inward number provided to me by clerk accepting this with excuse that i have given you receipt & inward number will be made as it will be forwarded to concern table/clerk.

sameerpunkar

No response from them.

Sunil Ahya

You can file a RTI application to seek information on the 'action taken' on your complaint (enclose a photocopy of the acknowledged complaint along with the RTI application). For help in drafting such a RTI, kindly refer to the following link:

Long pending?

sameerpunkar

Dear Sirs, Madam

Thank you for your suggestions & sorry for late reply.

As I have submitted a complaint on 9th jan , so should I wait for completion of 30days to file RTI. ? & as inquired to theiraction.jpg office, said matter is in divisional office ( though local/bus depot manager is competent authority for such & divisional is appellate .)

As per citizen charter charter of MSRTC action on such complaints to be taken in 24hrs & copy of action taken/compliance to be sent to complainant within 10days.

I have also sought info through RTI on appeal & discipline procedure of MSRTC.

Please see below guideline "5(A) 1." for competent authority while hearing of such complaints.If one can read marathi can know it better.

Anyway it literally means "While charging against any employee actual condition to taken into consideration. action to be taken for indiscipline if

evidence of such present. & should not be considered if it is just opinion of complainant"

Also provision to put employee's side before authority which is considerable BUT being wise No employee will accept his own fault.

So technically Complaint has no meaning.

Any suggestions over this?

Sunil Ahya

One can file a complaint and then file a RTI application the very next day itself to seek information on 'action taken' on the complaint, but given the present working environment of public authorities in India, at times, we suggest that one may give them a time of 30 days and then file a RTI application, thus, as such, there is no theoretical compulsion to file RTI only after 30 days of having filed the complaint!

In your case, if the citizens charter lays down the time limits of 24 hours and 10 days, you may file a RTI application to seek information on the action taken, accordingly i.e after 10 days of having filed the complaint or earlier.

koteswararaonerella

If you were not given any receipt of your application/complaint then it amounts it has not gone on records.please send your complaint by Regd post with ack.due and even if your acknowldgement not rec eived YET YOU CAN TRACK YOUR CONSIGNEMENT THROUGH INDIA POST WEB SITE WHICH WILL BE A RECORD FOR YOU TO FIGHT FURTHER.

sameerpunkar

Dear Sir

Will PIO accept it ? as some rules says that word/letter limit is only 160 for Maharashtra ?

1. Day to day action taken on my complaint dated _____ [photocopy enclosed] with names and designations of officers who took action.

2. Certified photocopy of explanation if any submitted by driver/conductor,

3.Present status of said complaint and issue raised therein.

4. Procedure to be followed for changing driver/conductor of this bus-route

5. File notings on my said complaint

6. Number of complaints received against driver and conductor of bus route stated in complaint in last 3 years ending 31-12-2015

7. Reasons on record for not stopping bus at _________stop.

8. NameS, designationS and office addresses with email IDs of all officers to whom I can scale up this issue within MSRTC.

RTS will not be useful or applicable to such a problem.

Sunil Ahya

I copy / pasted your RTI queries seeking information in my Microsoft Word, and it tells me that the total number of words is just 112 - therefore kindly go ahead and file your RTI application.

Tip on how to check the number of words in a Word document:

> Just copy all your RTI queries under the title 'Description of Information Required',

> Open a new blank Microsoft Word document and paste the RTI queries you just copied into this new blank document,

> Look at the bottom left side (blue status bar) of your new document, it will tell you the total number of words in the document.

sameerpunkar

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions !!!

I visited MSRTC local office/depot with RTI application as suggested.

As depot manager is competent authority as well as PIO did not accepted my application & started pampering me. "Sorry Sir, appologies this..that blaah blaah...LOL"

Immediately proceeded & fined Driver Rs 100/- per rules as well as issued new office note for this concern.

As RTI is not to settle scores did not forced to accept my application. But realized Power of RTi !

It really works !!

Thanks once again, It was not possible without your help !

Regards

Sameer

Sunil Ahya

Thread moved to success stories !