Jump to content
  • 0
Raghunathan Pillai

Framing of question: Procedure for removal of wife's name from service record on divorce


Raghunathan Pillai

Dear Sir,


I am an ex-serviceman drawing pension from defence. I was married to SINDU KR in 2003. The marriage was registered and got marriage certificate. I got her name entered in my service book as SINDU R PILLAI (Full form- SINDU RAGHUNATHAN PILLAI), her post marriage name.


I got discharge from service in 2009 and her name was entered in joint notification for family pension as SINDU R PILLAI.


After that my wife deserted me and for last six years there is no contact between us.


I filed a petition for divorce in the family court in 2015. She did not contest the case and it was set exparte. I received the copy of divorce decree in which her name is mentioned as SINDHU KR.


Now I want to get her name removed from my service record and joint notification for family pension. But I am unable to proceed due to difference in my wife's name as entered in service book and divorce decree.


I want to put an RTI Application to know the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.


I want help in framing the RTI question for this.


Can anybody help me in this?


Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
I want to put an RTI Application to know the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.

Your wife had never contested the case. Name Sindhu KR was presented by yourself before the Court. Now, make application before the Pension Sanctioning Authority, indicating that Sindhu KR was her maiden name at the time of marriage and it is in marriage certificate and the name was changed as Sindhu R. Pillai post marriage as your wife. The competent court has decreed the divorce and therefore request to remove her name from Family Pension records.


You need to prove that Sindhu KR and Sindhu Rughanathan Pillai are one and same person. If you have a copy of the Wedding Card, it can help. Make an affidavit that Sindhu KR had married with you and consequent upon her marriage her name was known as Sindhu Raghunathan Pillai which was entered in your service record being your wife. Consequent upon her desertion, divorce proceedings were filed at Family Court at ............. and the Hon'ble Court decreed the divorce, in which your wife's name was shown as Sindhu KR i.e. her maiden name. Both Sindhu KR and Sindhu R Pillai are one and same person, who was your wife. Name Sindhu KR mentioned as wife of Raghunathan Pillai in the decree of divorce granted by Hon'ble Family Court at ............. and Sindhu Raghunathan Pillai shown in Family Pension Records are one and same person, who was wife of Raghunathan Pillai.


For the procedure, you may file RTI Application with the CPIO of the Pension Sanctioning Unit and seek the certified copy of the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

The divorce decree is sufficient, as your name is correctly mentioned, Nominees do not have any rights during life time of employee, their name and other particulars are not material during your life time. In employee's own interest, he should mention correct name in the nomination. The employer can never reject cancellation of such nomination, simply because there is a spelling mistake in unrelated document. It is your money, it is your right, employer have no business to reject your request.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • humhongeykamyaab
      By humhongeykamyaab
      Need some clarity on how to draft the RTI for the information asked; Alternatively, please advice what other course of action to pursue?
      Case of Illegal Recovery of Pension by Public Sector Bank  (thereafter referred as PSB)
      1) The PSB, the pension disbursal bank mistakenly overpaid the pension to the pensioner for 10 years;
      2) No connivance or misrepresentation from the Pensioner; solely a mistake done by the Bank. 
      The over payment was detected via a CAG Audit, and the mistake of the bank as well was pointed out in the same audit
      3)Now the PSB has started recovering the Pension since last 3 years, illegally.
      4)No recovery order or show cause notice has been ever issued to the Pensioner by the bank or any competent authority
      5)This recovery is illegal as per Apex Court judgement on Rafiq Masih's Case- 
      which states that no recovery can be done after 5 years of continual overpayment
      6) The Pensioner has been forced to go to the court to seek redressal. Case is stuck in the court for the last 3 years
      An RTI Was filed in May 2018/ Information sought and response received are as under:-
      Q-2) Provide the list of all officials and their designation who dealt with this pension matter during Dec 2006 to Dec 2007 at CPPC and PSB Branch
      Q-3) Name the officer who responsible for sanctioning the excess pension
      Q-5) Please provide number of cases in your bank wherein excess amount of pension is being recovered
      Response received (for all three questions, above) from CPIO: As informed by the Branch Manager of your branch : Information is not available
      Q-4) Name the officer who is recovering my excess pension
      Response received : The excess pension has been detected by the Performance Audit Team  under CAG and adviced via audit memo 36 dated XX 
                           to recover the amount of 10 Lakhs which is over paid since  1. 1. 2007. As such bank is recovering now and refunding the authority.
      My Comment on Q-4:
      It doesn't give the name of the officer who is recovering excess. Plus: The Audit Memo from CAG does not talk about recovery at- all. This has also
      been mentioned in the affidavit by the pension sanctioning authority in the court where it states that CAG has not issued any order of recovery. So this response is misleading.
      Unfortunately I was not able to file the First Appeal to the above response.
      Should I file another RTI ? Is re-drafting of the questions needed? The bank is hell bent on shielding its errant officials and protecting them.  Please feel free to advise me on any other course of action as deemed fit. 
      Thank You,
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      NEW DELHI: The beaming face of Laxmi Devi says it all. The 80-year-old has finally got her pension after she'd almost given up hope, thanks to the Right To Information Act.
      Laxmi Devi lives with her daughter, who works as a domestic help, in Khirki village. In May 2005, she applied for an old-age pension to MCD. But despite numerous visits to the office, there was no sign of a pension.
      Finally, she approached an RTI camp organised by Satark Nagarik Sanghathan, an NGO. She was told her application was missing and she would have to apply again. She did. And promptly got approval for a monthly pension of Rs 350 in December. She will receive a cheque of Rs 1,750 (for five months) this month.
      Laxmi Devi is not alone. Ordinary people are now using RTI to get basic amenities, install road signage, repair roads and even get admission in schools.
      Sangeeta and Sultana of Begumpur didn't get their ration entitlements for over two years as their ration cards weren't being renewed by the Food and Civil Supplies Department. Though touts offered to help them for a ‘fee', they decided to take the RTI route. By November 2006, both had got their ration cards.
      Source: Citizen uses RTI to get elusive pension -India-NEWS-The Times of India


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy