News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
pankajvij

RTI Reply by E Mail only

Question

pankajvij

I want to bring information my email only, and dont want to disclose my postal address is it possible in rti act. if yes please give me some details

6 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

As an applicant, your right is to seek information from Public Authorities under RTI Act.

There is no way you can demand for keeping your address secret (You may request PIO to keep your particulars confidential, but PIO is not under obligation)

Hence we advise members to seek such sensitive information through friend or relative from a different city.

The burden of proof that information provided is in time, correct and relevant rests with PIO. You may request as such but can not insist or demand or direct PIO.

(Even CIC decisions are being uploaded with complete addresses of Appellant, and you can not avoid mentioning your details, if information is important. Only way is get the applcations filed through some other friends or relatives from a different station)

Some times, any smart PIO is in a position to guess as to who is the real applicant, though some other files application and in view of this, applicants play over smart and seek more additional information that is not relevant to his specifically to confuse PIO in guessing the person behind such application.

• Like 1

RAVEENA_O

You can seek information by giving a Post Box address in order to conceal your identity and address. You can also give your contact number and remit money on oral advice and collect information in person, if you are not an employee or known person of the officers / staff of the public authority.

pankajvij

thank you

ok i will give my postal address but i want reply in a soft copy and not photo copies, what is the charge and etc please guide

regards

pankaj vij

xxxxxxxx

Edited by RAVEENA_O
Posting Mobile number / email ID on open forum boards not permitted…

Prasad GLN

PIO can provide that information in which it exists.

If the information sought by you is electronic form he may provide you that form.

If the information is available in hard copies, he can not for your use and convert the same as hard copies.

Again it depends on the rules and regulations for providing such electronic forms fixed by that Public Authority, which also depends on MB.

Ex: Rs.50/- per floppy 1.44 MB

Rs.100/- for CD of 700 MB

and Rs.200 for CD

The charges must be reasonable, and exact charges will be intimated to you by PIO through such calculation shet while demanding fees. Search website of public authority.

RAVEENA_O

Normally an information should be supplied in the form in which it is sought. The Right of the Applicant is to seek and obtain information held by the public authority. If soft copy is held/available, the PIO may supply it, else the public authority shall not convert the information from one from (hard copy) to another (soft copy), if it disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority.

Provisions only mentions that the information shall be supplied in the form in which it is available i.e. if it is available in hard copy it should be supplied in hard copy only and need not divert the resources of the public authority disproportionately to convert it in to soft copy or vice versa or similar situation. The object is simply that the PA shall not divert its resources disproportionately to change the form of information.

• Like 1