News Ticker
marzuq

Return of original documents

Question

marzuq

Respectd sir/mam,

iam studying in a college which comes under vtu i joined engineering in 2013 i had year back in 1st year and i continued my course for 2nd year after a year later, and now i have year back again in 2nd year and iam not eligible for 3rd year , so i want to quit engineering as it is hard for me and I cannot waste any more years and money as my father is a driver and we are not rich, so i asked for my 10th,12th marks card and other documents in my college and told them that i want to quit engineering as it is hard for me, so the college demanded the payment of 1lack rs if i want to quit and want my documents back so i request you to please help me as iam from a poor family and i wont be able to pay such a huge amount of money, so i request you ro please help me how to get my documents back so i can quit engineering and do some easy course and get a job and support my family.

Thank you

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using RTI INDIA mobile app

10 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Issue a Registered Legal notice under CP Act to the College demanding for return of original documents as per UGC directive.

At the same time you can not escape the financial liability as college has lost it's fees and other deserving students have lost that opportunity of study and you ought to have made a decision well before joining the course, considering your capabilities and competencies. You can not now subject the college to financial loss and you have to pay the fees for remaining course.

But at the same time, college is not empowered to keep your original certificates. Both issues are independent. You may search either in the forum in last week's post or UGC website the notification issued by UGC to colleges not to retain original certificates and return those who abandoned the studies in the middle of the course.

marzuq
Issue a Registered Legal notice under CP Act to the College demanding for return of original documents as per UGC directive.

At the same time you can not escape the financial liability as college has lost it's fees and other deserving students have lost that opportunity of study and you ought to have made a decision well before joining the course, considering your capabilities and competencies. You can not now subject the college to financial loss and you have to pay the fees for remaining course.

But at the same time, college is not empowered to keep your original certificates. Both issues are independent. You may search either in the forum in last week's post or UGC website the notification issued by UGC to colleges not to retain original certificates and return those who abandoned the studies in the middle of the course.

Sir i was wondering can i have the certificates now and take some time to pay the money later as i dont have money now

Prasad GLN

One can make any number of representations and there is no bar but other parties have to accept the offers.

As far as certificates are concerned, at present there is no problem as UGC directive is clear. Also enclose directive with notice.

marzuq

So sir i can take the documents now and pay the money later

RAVEENA_O

Please make complaint to UGC and wait for action by them. You may get the certificate back. Why should you pay any money?

marzuq

My college said it is not possible to return the documents without paying the money 1st

Subham K D

Edited by Subham K D
Sorry for inconvenience