prashant_menghal

Do the Gazzetted officers have to sign the muster rolls or record their attendance on biometric system? Any rule to such action is avavilable?

Question

prashant_menghal

Do the Gazzetted officers have to sign the muster rolls or record their attendance on biometric system? Any rule to such action is avavilable?

2 answers to this question

G.R.Vidyaranya

File an RTI with DoPT for such information. Moreover the Biometric Attendance record is not linked to any pay roll so even if someone didn't sign in there will be no pay loss. It is mostly an eyewash

Prasad GLN

The problem cropped in one issue where certified copies are required and the signature in black ink by PIO appeared as though it was xerox was not admitted by Court though the rubber stamp is clear.

It was referred to Commissioner who is an IAS officer, and he has confirmed that using green is just a practice and not mandatory and not stated any where.

It is better any official confirmation is given by DOPT.

As far as RTI is concerned DOPT issued the guideline on format of providing information and certified copies and the circular / order no where stated that PIO should sign in a different ink. So RTI matter is clear.