News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
kishore007

Assignment of government land for ex-servicemen

Question

kishore007

Dear RTI

I have applied for free allotment of Land when I was working in Army.Then collector alloted me some land nearby my village and advised to apply for the same after my retirement.

Now I am retired after 24 years & when I went to apply for the same,it was already occupied by others.

What shall I do, I am left with tears after this 24 years of service to the nation leaving all happiness and family behind & killing their joys.

Please kindly give me a strict authority to acquire this land please.

Thanking you

Regards

D S Rao

Ex-Army

Rank - OR

Sent from my F103 using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

You did not obtain physical possession of the land for 24 years in itself indicate that you really don't require the land. It is futile to go behind that land now, since it may take decades to settle land disputes. However, you may submit grievances to the Tahsildar and District Collector that the land allotted to you vide order No. ........ dated .... (copy enclosed) has been illegally occupied by Mr................................ with a request to vacate him. In the meantime identify suitable government land and seek its allotment to you.

Most of the States have uploaded details of government land on their Bhoomi (or equivalent Land record website). First identify suitable Govt Land for your use.

If you cannot get details of Govt land from website, you may Contact the Tehasildar for details or file RTI Application with the jurisdictional Tahsildar and seek information on Lands owned by Government in ................. Area. Equipped with details of identified government lands, submit an Application in prescribed format before the District Collector indicating the identified land in order of preference for such allotment. Attach particulars of mandatory documents including that of Defence Service documents.

kishore007

Dear RTI

I have applied for free allotment of Land when I was working in Army.Then collector alloted me some land nearby my village and advised to apply for the same after my retirement.

Now I am retired after 24 years & when I went to apply for the same,it was already occupied by others.

What shall I do, I am left with tears after this 24 years of service to the nation leaving all happiness and family behind & killing their joys.

Please kindly give me a strict authority to acquire this land please.

Thanking you

Regards

D S Rao

Ex-Army

Rank - OR

Sent from my F103 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Oral assurances can not be practically implemented. Now explore another opportunity and commence.

If you have received a patta, then you will be having a right. If the Government has acquired as per notification, in larger public interest, apply a fresh for some other allocation.. This is the only way. Meet concerned Collector personally on a grievance day. RTI is not advisable at this point of time.

Who are others? How they have occupied ? When they have occupied ? are problems / issues related to litigation and any expert advocate can help you.