RTI VIdeos

Visit our New RTI Videos. Click here!

News Ticker
Sign in to follow this  
crusader

M S Bitta moves RTI, asks why security removed 2 days before attack

crusader

New Delhi, November 9: Former Youth Congress leader M S Bitta has written a letter to the Centre seeking information under the RTI Act as to why his security was withdrawn in 1993, two days before a bomb attack on him.

The former Punjab minister, who heads the All India Anti-Terrorist Front, has sought the assessment report of the security review committee from the Home Ministry in his case in September 1993. Nine people were killed and several others injured in the bomb attack at Delhi’s Raisina Road.

“I feel there was some conspiracy behind the sudden issuance of the order of security withdrawal by the Ministry of Home Affairs in my case. ... I feel there had been deliberate attempts to expose me to terrorists,” he said in his letter to the VIP security director in the Ministry.

In the letter, he has sought whether the Centre’s decision to withdraw security was prompted by some “political pressure” as he “recalled he had faced a deadly attack” in May 1992 in Amritsar.

He has also sought information on action taken against agencies involved in security arrangements for former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi before his assassination.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      The person in the article below is me. I had a corporation official visit my house with the RTI and asking for my whereabouts. However the PIO has sent a reply on 8/5/19  stating that AE Div 170 is the person responsible for inspecting the banners on the particular stretch. It is after finalising this reply that I had got a call from AE Div 170 on 8/5/19 evening and a person visited my house on 9/5/19. The reply sent by PIO dated 8/5/19 was received on 11/5/19.
      Further The AE has stated that he has inspected the stretch and removed illegal banners immediately. However I have material evidence that the banners remained in the same place from afternoon till late night. Only the persons who kept the banner had removed them. So can I penalise the PIO for providing false and incorrect information. 

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy