Devika_01

Resignation Procedure for a Central Govt Employee

Question

Devika_01

Hello,

Kindly guide me with the procedure to resign from a Central Govt. job. Is there any Notice Period for resignation?

What is the maximum time period by which the authority must accept the resignation?

Will they provide any sort of Experience Letter after resignation?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The correct procedure is asking your friend or relative to file RTI Application to your authority (Your organisation Establishment/Personnel/HRD) at state level and to seek information as per application format and fees. Seek Information as follows from CPIO-DOPT, New Delhi with Postal order of Rs.10/- Fvg. Accounts officer, DOPT

Application dt.5th Dec,2016 seeking information under RTI Act, filed

Before: CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi

RTI Fee; Rs.10/- IPO No.. Fvg.Accounts officer, DOPT payable at New Delhi.

Applicant:..............................(Either your name or friend or relative with full address)

Brief facts: Certified copies of Extracts on Rules and regulations on Resignation from service in the cader of......in.................................Dept.

Information solicited: (with certified copies of relevant page extract)

1)Please inform the notice period mandated for resignation of .....grade employee from service.

2)Please inform the period prescribed for accepting resignation acceptance communication to employee.

3)Please inform whether any certificate of experience can be provided by employer.

4)Please provide whether a certified copy of Service register can be provided to resigned employee.

Applicant.

RAVEENA_O

You must serve notice of 3 months. However, the competent authority has power to condone the notice period and accept the resignation. For joining higher post/service, the resignations are accepted by condoning the notice period in most cases. You may personally meet the HOD or Unit head and convince him about the urgency.

If you are selected for a job in another Central Government or State Government service you can render technical resignation and join the new job, provided your application for that job was routed through present department. In that case, your lien shall be maintained by the present CG office for 2 years and you can come back and join the present post, in case you have problem with the new job.

Please refer to >> http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/28020_1_2010-Estt.C-08042016.pdf

GOURI SANKAR W

Request provide me the following additional information to the above question.

1. Officer resigned(technical resignation of a group A Technical post in parent department) and joined in new post (group A Technical post) of another pure central government office then whether his move is considered as "public interest"?

2. How his seniority is determined in new office?

3. If he has completed one year seniority in the same grade/post (to which he has applied in new office)in parent office, then how his inter-se seniority determined in the new office ?

for example he got promoted the grade/post in parent department on 1 st July 2014, and joined in new office in the same equivalent post on 2 july 2015 ( upon selection of the post in the new office, obtained joining time permission for 3 months from competent authority) then how his seniority determined in new office ? will he be placed as last number of 1 st July 2014 batch ? or will he be placed below 1 st july 2015 batch ?

kindly clarify.As far as i understand this detail/information is not there or not clear in the order http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteRea...C-08042016.pdf

Request you to provide necessary information and guide me in this regard

gouri sankar

- - - Updated - - -

1. Officer resigned(technical resignation of a group A Technical post in parent department) and joined in new post (group A Technical post) of another pure central government office then whether his move is considered as "public interest"?

3. If he has completed one year seniority in the same grade/post (to which he has applied in new office)in parent office, then how his inter-se seniority determined in the new office ?

for example he got promoted the grade/post in parent department on 1 st July 2014, and joined in new office in the same equivalent post on 2 july 2015 ( upon selection of the post in the new office, obtained joining time permission for 3 months from competent authority) then how his seniority determined in new office ? will he be placed as last number of 1 st July 2014 batch ? or will he be placed below 1 st july 2015 batch ?

kindly clarify.As far as i understand this detail/information is not there or not clear in the order http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteRea...C-08042016.pdf

gouri sankar

GOURI SANKAR W

shri GLN Prasad sir please offer your comments on the post

kindly clarify.As far as i understand this detail/information is not there or not clear in the order https://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteRea...C-08042016.pdf

gouri sankar

- - - Updated - - -

kindly clarify.As far as i understand this detail/information is not there or not clear in the order https://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteRea...C-08042016.pdf

gouri sankar

Prasad GLN

There is a saying "Devils flock in where angels fear to tread".

When Super Moderator Madam Raveena is most competent in such queries, we even learn from her replies, because they are most authentic. We personally desist giving replies as it appears like showing jumping skills to God Hanuman.

I can only suggest this to be modified and restructured for seeking information from DOPT in the following manner.

1.Please provide Public interest consideration in treatment when an Officer resigned(technical resignation of a group A Technical post in parent department) and joined in new post (group A Technical post) of another pure central government office

2. Please provide rules and regulations in force on determination of his seniority in the new office on the basis of following facts.

a. If he has completed one year seniority in the same grade/post (to which he has applied in new office)in parent office, then how his inter-se seniority determined in the new office ? (for example he got promoted the grade/post in parent department on 1 st July 2014, and joined in new office in the same equivalent post on 2 july 2015 ( upon selection of the post in the new office, obtained joining time permission for 3 months from competent authority) then how his seniority determined in new office ? will he be placed as last number of 1 st July 2014 batch ? or will he be placed below 1 st july 2015 batch ?

As information received from DOPT is authentic official document, it helps you even for production to your HRD / Personnel dept.

You can just write the same in the form of a letter, furnishing your residential address, and enclose Rs.10/- postal order fvg.Accounts Officer,DOPT payable at New Delhi. Send the application by Regd.post.

Search website of DOPT, as different CPIOs deal different departments and you have to locate correct CPIO so that your application reaches the correct PIO.